If the heavenly hope was not for the "Ancients" then how do JW's explain .....

by restrangled 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hebrews 11:13-16

Particularly verse 16: NWT version,

But now they are reaching out for a better (place), that is, one belonging to heaven. Hence God is not ashamed of them, to be called upon as their God, for he has made a city ready for them.

NIV version

Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

I found it confusing, considering the idea that anyone before Christ did not have a heavenly hope according to JW's.

r.

• JWoods
    JWoods

They will be on Earth, but of course Earth "belongs to heaven".

Which makes perfect sense, right?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NWT.. But now they are reaching out for a better (place), that is, one belonging to heaven......NIV..Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one.

Restrangled..

The NWT is full of WBT$-ism`s......"Reaching Out"..??????...Only JW`s reach out..LOL!!..

"Reaching out" and "Longing" are not the same thing..

NWT.. Hence God is not ashamed of them..........NIV..Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God....Once again 2 different meanings..

The WBT$ made this part up.. to be called upon as their God,

NWT..for he has made a city ready for them........NIV.. for he has prepared a city for them.

"Obfuscation"

The WBT$ has puposley confused the meaning of the Bible.. By re-writng the Bible..

Now what "used" to be the Bible,serves the WBT$..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

It wasn't until after I'd read several other bible translations that I realized how full of WTSisms.

Part of the coded language that any isolated subculture uses. It helps you identify who is who, and who ain't you. Kind of like the pod people screech in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

I have to say my favorite bible now is among the ones the WTS seems to hate the most, the Good News Bible.

Actually, reading the whole book of Hebrews convinced me more than anything that WTS teaching is crap. I notice there's a lot of stepping around Hebrews in WTS literature...I've never found Hebrews 1:3 addresed, for instance. Because it clearly infers what the Witnesses would call a Trinitarian view.

They've villainized the Trinity beyond all reason. It's not what they think it is. You may still not believe it, but it isn't what the Witnesses tell you it is.

I remember how shocked I was when I discovered that still, to this moment.

• JWoods
    JWoods

And remember the little redo of teaching "in your houses" to sound like "door to door" - & of course the biggest travesty is just inserting the name Jehovah here and there all through the NT with no documentary evidence it was EVER there.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes Outlaw, I should have known.

Take a look at this one:

Hebrews 13:25 NWT....The undeserved kindness be with all of you.

Hebrews 13:25 NIV....Grace be with you all.

r.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The WT heresy is uncovered at even turn of the page, just have a read.

Hebrews 11:13-16 (New International Version)

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Where did they die? On earth where they were foreigners. They were looking for their own country, at better one. Obviously this can be on earth but in heaven as verse 16 says!

The NWT is a crock. There is not a single word in the original Greek that has any sense of "belonging", that is pure deceit, check it out

http://biblos.com/hebrews/11-16.htm

Acts 20:30 (New International Version)

30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

2 Peter 3:16 (New International Version)

16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (New International Version)

13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Blessings,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..

Hebrews 13:25 NWT....The undeserved kindness be with all of you.....(May Kindness you "DON`T DESERVE" be with all of you)..

Hebrews 13:25 NIV....Grace be with you all.(Unmerited Help be with you all/Virtue from God be with you all)..

This one is especially bad..

Grace means to recieve "Unmerited Help",something you have`nt earned..Not something you "Don`t Deserve"..

It also means recieving a Virtue from God..

The WBT$ has replaced the word "Grace".....With a WBT$-ism ,"Undeserved Kindness"..

The WBT$ has clearly re-written and changed the meaning of Bible Scripture..To support their own teaching..

The WBT$ is Lying,about what the Bible actually says..

The WBT$ is Corrupt..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Chalam, I totally agree and that's what I understood from those scriptures. I called my mom to give me the JW understanding, and here is what I heard:

A. "Those cities prepared were actually paradise here on earth.....they were yearning for the new government." "you can't just read one scripture and apply it alone....the JW's are the only ones who use the entire bible, and apply scripture that way."

B. You had better read Hebrews such and such about ignoring the blood of Christ and being in god's wrath....(just paraphrasing here, but had all ready read it)....then was told that's why jws push the memorial so vehemently.

I told her too late, I have had my 2 glasses this afternoon and don't want to wind up like those discussed in Corinthians, showing up drunk. Of course I am not, and that got a good laugh.....and then she said.

C. Call if you change your mind about going.....

OH GOD HELP ME! Why, why are there never any straight answers that don't end with, well only the JW's........

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes Outlaw....reinforcing the guilt factor works well as stated by your post:

The WBT$ has replaced the word "Grace".....With a WBT$-ism ,"Undeserved Kindness"..

The WBT$ has clearly re-written and changed the meaning of Bible Scripture..To support their own teaching..

The WBT$ is Lying,about what the Bible actually says..

The WBT$ is Corrupt..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit