New Program ?

by man in black 11 Replies latest jw friends

• man in black
    man in black

This afternoon my wife received aphone call from an old elder friend, she was quite surprised.

We DA'd ourselves a little over a year ago.

He basically invited us to the memorial on Tuesday night, and he went into some story about how many people in the hall

are inactive/DA'd/ DF'd. And he launched into some info. from the CO about how the society is implementing some new

"programs" to help ones who are not attending the meetings.

When I came home and heard this I was speechless, a longtime JW calling us evil apostates on the phone to talk .

Has anyone heard about these new programs, what are they ?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would like to know about it too. ("bookmark")

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    from the CO about how the society is implementing some new
    "programs" to help ones who are not attending the meetings.

My take is, prepare to be underwhelmed. I'm guessing the program is asking the brown-nosiest pioneer to give inactive people a call.

• yknot
    yknot

.......... Okay...........

I have two theories.....

1) References this older thread by my beloved Iloowy.....(still miss him)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/168468/1/DFing-and-DAing-procedural-change-in-the-horizon

2) This CO or Elder has been reading this board or extj.com......

• yknot
    yknot

Extj has been archived in a way that I can't find Tejota's posting...... however I figured I would BTT to see if anyone had anything else to contribute

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I'm guessing the program is asking the brown-nosiest pioneer to give inactive people a call.

How could you possibly narrow that down to one?

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Very interesting, Man In Black. I'd be interested in that info as well. Although if it was some new "program" wouldn't most of us have gotten a similar call?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has had "programs" off and on over the years to retrieve inactive jws usually corresponding a rise in their numbers. This is nothing new.

• dissed
    dissed

If there was a new program coming, don't you think we would know it here long before any CO would?

• man in black
    man in black

Thanks for the comments, I have no idea why he called us and mentioned the new program .

If I hear, or notice anything I will post the news here ..

BTW: My son who is 21, went to the memorial with his girlfriend tonight.

She was interested in the religion he was raised in, and as a dad, I think he wants to do the spy thing and see what is going on with everyone he knew.

I mentioned to him to watch out ! He might get the typical "love bombing" and to be careful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit