The Memorial, what is wrong with it.

by PSacramento 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, my issue with the memorial I have put forth in another thread, but allow me to past them here:

The Memorial enfoces on them the power of the GB and of the "annointed" class, it is the TOTAL opposite of Grace.

Where God's grace is given free to all, the memorial is withedl from the majority.

God's grace tells us that no matter what we do, God loves us and if we belive, our salvation is in Christ's hands.

The memorial is about the opposite, no matter what you have done, you are NOT worthy to partake on what was free given to ALL.

Only the annointed can partake, the rest are NOT deserving.

If that is NOT a slap in the face of God's gift of Grace, I don't know what is.

There they sit, all the "un-annointed", their heads hanging low, nomatter how many hourse they put in, how many loved ones they shunned, how many they have lost to the horrifc "no blood policy", they are NOT deserving to share in what Jesus told ALL his believers to do.

The Last Supper was Our Lord's gift to us so that ANYTIME we do it, we remember him.

When we say grace before our meal and we thank Jesus for all his has done, for his sacrifice, we are partaking of his Blood and Body.

But even here the WT Ignores Jesus's commands and relegates him to the back with the rest.

Horrific...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Now, the other issues are doctrinal ones:

They say the Judas did NOT partake, yet there is NO evidence to show that Judas did NOT partake, indeed, the only Gospel that mentiones Judas leaving is John and Judas leaves AFTER the Foot washing and there is NO supper after the washing, only Jesus's speach to his followers.

Indeed, in Luke Jesus says: 22:14-21

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."

17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. 21 But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table.

Jesus makes it clear in Luke that Judas was still there, in the other Gospels there is no mention of Judas leaving either.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What I wanted to do is get a "list" of biblical passages that show what is done at the Memorial as being incorrect.

Or do we have a thread like this already?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

PSacramento, the whole Judas partaking and leaving is one of the questions I think should be put to Witnesses when they claim Judas left before the meal. It's straight out of the bible and not from the evil apostate internets.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I agree notverylikely, the bible is clear, thought the JW's try to create their OWN choronology of events.

They say that, using the GOJ and the other 3 synptioc ones, and by bouncing back and forth over events, it shows that Judas was NOT there, which is NOT the case as Luke says and the fact that there is no "partaking of the body and blood of Christ" during the last supper in the GOJ ( it is mentioned earlier).

The only supper that is mentioned in the gOJ happens BEFORE the feet washing and BEFORE Judas leaves.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Luke 22:14-16 When it was time, he sat down, all the apostles with him, and said, "You've no idea how much I have looked forward to eating this Passover meal with you before I enter my time of suffering. It's the last one I'll eat until we all eat it together in the kingdom of God."

17 -18 Taking the cup, he blessed it, then said, "Take this and pass it among you. As for me, I'll not drink wine again until the kingdom of God arrives."

19 Taking bread, he blessed it, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, given for you. Eat it in my memory."

20 He did the same with the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant written in my blood, blood poured out for you.

21 -22 "Do you realize that the hand of the one who is betraying me is at this moment on this table? It's true that the Son of Man is going down a path already marked out—no surprises there. But for the one who turns him in, turns traitor to the Son of Man, this is doomsday."

23 They immediately became suspicious of each other and began quizzing one another, wondering who might be about to do this. MSG

In verse 14 of the above, it states that ALL the apostles were with Him.

In verse 23, they became suspicious of each other, wondering who the betrayer was; if Judas had already been dismissed, they would have KNOWN who it was.

Blasphemers!

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

AS for WHEN it should be done:

Paul's letter to the corinthinas ( 1Corinthians: 11:17)

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

The word "whenever" in greek is "hosakis" and means "as often", which means just that, "as often" or "whenever" and ALL translations use one or the other.

Paul continues and says this:

33 So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other

There is no SPECIFIC time to do this nor does Paul mention ONLY at this time or that.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I started a thread on this some time ago.

A careful reading of 1 Corinthians 11 shows that remembering what Christ did could take place in an ordinary home during an ordinary meal time.

That is why Paul could counsel some not to over eat!

I often wondered how anyone could over eat on unleavened bread!

LOL.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In regards to WHO can partake, Paul has THIS warning and ONLY this:

26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.

Paul's warning is clear, a person MUSt examone himself before, why? because:

ANYONE that eats and drinsk without recognizing THE BODY OF THE LORD is doing so in judgement of himself.

WHat does that mean?

What Paul always says it means, the same thing that means being touched by the HS:

To believe and to say out loud that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he died and was ressurected, that he will come again and that he is our Lord and Saviour.

Paul says that only by the power of the HS can we say this, admit this, believe this, so ALL that believe this and say it ARE touched by the HS and have, in them, the HS of Our Lord and Saviour.

ALL are sealed as per Paul.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The JW stand is that Jesus did this with only his chosen 12 and not with the general disciple population.

Therefore, the conclusion is that it is only for the chosen 144,000 and not the general Christian population.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit