Any Letterman Fans

by berrygerry 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Twitch
    Twitch

I was a fan of the early Dave, when he was more the rogue jester, comic imp and all around sarcastic rapscallion. Gonzo humor a la New York style. A rebel with applause.

End of an era in late show history.

• Splash
    Splash

I once saw Phish play outside at Lettermans' studio in NY.

"Wilson" got the crowds going.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I can hardly wait for Colbert to take over! Love his comedy and demeanor. Letterman... No so much; never really got his humor. Miss Jay Leno terribly. Hopefully Colbert will fill the void.

SL

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    May Colbert come swiftly and long may he reign!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I miss Jay Leno actually ,

Ironically the Late Show hasn't grabbed the same volume of viewers since Jimmy Fallon took over. ???

Lettermen was OK I but the joke writing had gotten a bit stale and bland after awhile.

His older shows were more out front and edgy, which were more entertaining to watch.

Fallon is more teen orientated and the writing is targeted for a younger audience.

Out of all the late night talk shows still active I would say Conan O'Brien is my favorite right now.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Tonight was a treat for Late Night persons.

Julia Robert's 26th appearance and her special friendship with Dave was teary.

Stephen Colbert will be a seriously qualified host.

No matter a person's viewpoint, 33 years as a late-night host is impeachable.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Julia's comments also reflect my feelings.

The old coinage is also, of all things, (King James) biblical, that is, not suffer fools gladly.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=suffer+fools+gladly

When Dave hosted a moron, he never pretended that they were anything but.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit