Any Letterman Fans

by berrygerry 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Not many shows left.

Was a fan from his NBC days when he had a lot of innovation.

No question, he has a quick mind, which to me, is a key to comedy.

A distinct memory was awakening my poor pre-teen daughter when Dave was back on the air after his heart surgery.

No matter what, is a changing of the guard (If only the WT could do the same).

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We have enjoyed Letterman's show and hate to see him go. But never got emotionally attached like we were to Johnny. The years pass by fast and TV has changed so much. Now I just watch sitcom reruns on net flix so I don't have to figure out the new stuff. And Rockford, of course. 😊

Marina

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've watched Letterman since his NBC days as well.

He still does the skits where he uses members of his staff, which I think are the lamest part of his show now, but I remember a skit he used to do during the NBC days with his wife Regina, who was then a member of the staff, something about her learning how to use a lathe properly.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    I know this is a bit off topic but how is James Cordon seen in the US on the late show? Are you enjoying him?
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Letterman lost me years ago when he became habituated to a boring formula and hawking people's books and movies pretty much every time. No fun like the Late Show. Cordon is too sincere and enthusiastic to last long. He is child like and funny in my view but most people just aren't used to that level of enthusiasm. He does the Graham Norton approach by having all guests out at one time mostly. That is new on American TV, hope it lasts. I don't stay up late any more, i watch it online if I feel like it which isn't often.
  • toweragent
    toweragent

I love Letterman. I was devastated when he announced his retirement. I'm only 27 so I only am familiar with his Late Show on CBS. Various clips on YouTube I've seen of his old NBC show seem even more hilarious.

I was really bummed until they announced Stephen Colbert was taking over. I was a HUGE fan of his Colbert Report (didn't always agree with his politics, but he made me laugh!). So now I can swallow Dave retiring a lot easier.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He should have retired years ago.

Jimmy Fallon has smashed him.

Doc

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    TOP TEN: THINGS OVERHEARD DURING THE POPE'S PHYSICAL - During a recent physical, Vatican doctors have suggested Pope Francis cut back on the spaghetti after he gained weight during his two years as head of the Catholic Church.

THINGS OVERHEARD DURING THE POPE'S PHYSICAL
    10. "Speaking of mass, looks like you've added some."
    9. "No, sorry Father, you don't need medical marijuana."
    8. "Say aaaaah-men."
    7. "I don't care what Jenny McCarthy says, you need to be vaccinated."
    6. "No need to bless the urine sample."
    5. "Cut back on the incense."
    4. "Have you tried Pontius Pilates?"
    3. "You can't bring the scepter inside the MRI machine."
    2. "Turn your hat and cough."
    1. "I know you don't use it, but I still have to take a look at it."
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Watching his final episodes.

Featured his Mom's appearances tonight.

She was adorable.

Haters - you are denying history.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Ray Romano's last appearance - He says a lot in a few words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit