Help - Need Some Tough Questions...

by Clam 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clam
    Clam

Outlaw old buddy I'm going to try to I think.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Clam,

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

1. Why do I never hear a JW say "Jesus is Lord"?

2. Who is the "Alpha and the Omega", the "First and the Last", the "Beginning and the End" in these chapters?

Revelation 1, Revelation 21, Revelation 22, Isaiah 44, Isaiah 48

3. Why does the WT claim to be the mediator for the non anointed JW? 1 Timothy 2:5

4. Why does the WT claim there are two hope, "heavenly" and "earthly"? Ephesians 4:4-6

5. Why does the WT claim Jesus was raised as a "spirit creature"? Luke 24:39, Acts 2:31, 1 Corinthians 15:42 , Colossians 1:18, Revelation 1:5

Blessings,

Stephen

• Clam
    Clam

Great thanks Chalam.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Clam...

I think one of the fundamental questions to be asked of any JW trying to convert someone is the following...

"If I become a Jehovah's Witness, and at a later time decide to leave the organization, will my Jehovah's Witness friends still be my friends?"

The only answer should be "Yes, of course they will." However, this is not the case in this organization. The answer given as well as the way in which this question is answered (tone of voice and body language) are indicators that need to be noted. The above question is one that should be asked of any group. It is an indication of whether or not the group is a cult.

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome back Clam !

One question I have asked of several smartass Witlesses, is :

"Could you please show me what the reason is that Jesus chose the JW's (really Rutherfordian Bible Students) in 1919 ?"

The questioner must not allow vague unsupported answers, you need a doctrine that was taught then ,in 1919, that is still taught today, and was not taught by any other religion at the time, otherwise why choose them ? (In fact there is no reason that stands any scrutiny, so the question cannot be satisfactorily answered by a Witless)

regards,

Wobble (of Mid-Kent)

• Clam
    Clam

Heaven yes you're right of course and thanks.
    Brother Wobble how you doing? Yes we have mutual (Kent) past acquaintances don't we?
    And yes - a good question.
    Thing is like I told my friend - it's difficult to know where to start and what to choose. What they believe is such a house of cards. "Horses for courses" I suppose.

• besty
    besty
    (In fact there is no reason that stands any scrutiny, so the question cannot be satisfactorily answered by a Witless)

hahaha - aka the Reniaa dilemma - I remember that thread.....

how about: What is the scriptural basis for the blood fraction policy? followed by Why do JW's accept fractions but do not donate blood?

or

Is child abuse a crime or a sin? If it is a crime why is reporting it to the authorities not the official JW policy where such reporting is not mandatory by law? Why do the elders have to call the Legal Dept at all? Do JW elders investigate every crime alleged to have been committed by their flock? Would they report an alleged murder to the authorities, or call the Legal Dept?

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Ask him when the Kingdom took start in heaven - really in 1914 ?

see the answer

I'm sorry I forgot to underline the end of my post there

I do it here :

"Because Christ started ruling in Heaven immediately after his ressurection , according to the"teaching of Christ", there is no place for such interpretation which leads to 1874 or 1914 or other years as the time for Christ starting to rule in Heaven."

wantingtruth.

• Terry
    Terry

Why does the Watchtower claim the bible is the inerrant word of Jehovah and base all its beliefs on scripture when no uncorrupt original autograph manuscripts exits anywhere on Earth for us to compare the 3rd century fragments with for accuracy?

If Jehovah didn't see fit to preserve the original writings it must mean we need them and each believer has a personal one on one relationship with God Almighty WITHOUT using an earthly organization!

We don't start having copies of scripture until almost two and one half centuries past the actual events of Jesus life and teachings!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If you fight on the opponents chosen field of battle---you will always lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit