You've got to be kidding - WTBS on twitter

by Georgiegirl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Seriously????

http://twitter.com/jworg

This is actually pretty hilarious. Perhaps they've finally decided if you can't beat 'em - join 'em!

• doublelife
    doublelife

Is this a real or fake account?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

I have no idea. The website listed is the "official" one but that doesn't mean anything. The links all go to the download page but don't work. There is also a a twitter account for their media feed. Funny, huh?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It seems to be lots of MP3 of recent articles. I would imagine if it is unofficial it will soon be closed down. If it is them, all I can say is Wow!!!! at their hypocrisy.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Not only that - they/it's following 3 people! Huh?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Has anybody got any ideas what this is about?

• Bystander39
    Bystander39

I went to twitter, checked the web address behind the name: www.jw.org. Then went to the watchtower official website, followed one of their links, which took me to www.jw.org. So, I gues it's legit (at least ast legit as WTS gets).

• Bystander39
    Bystander39

By the way - the three they're following are:

1) Theocratie (Dutch), 2) Jehovah's Getuigen (with 0 tweets), 3) JW Media

• undercover
    undercover

So how do you counsel the R&F from being on Facebook when the parent company is Twittering?

My guess is that it isn't legit.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Actually, this would probably be the most logical move for the Society to make. Think about it. Instead of publishing a new WT article when you need to change doctrine, just tweet about it!

5:35 p.m. This generation will not pass away.

8:38 a.m. No, the next generation...

10:45 a.m. No, the next one, really!

...and so on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit