Scientology really is a lot like the JW's

by dissed 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

I really liked, from Boston Legal, James Spader's explanation of Scientology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPBiGtVmir4

• Diamonds
    Diamonds

This is very interesting - thanks for the info. Funnily enough I was walking along Tottenham Court Road in London yesterday, and on one side of the street there was a Scientology church which was open and some members were attempting to engage (recruit) passers by to do one of their tests, and on the other side on the street, there were 2 anti-Scientology blokes, one with a loudspeaker warning people against the church, and another wearing a mask handing out leaflets. I wanted to stop and speak to them (the protesters) and make a comparison with my experience but I didn't, maybe I will next time.

They gave me a leaflet to read which had this website on: www.whyweprotest.net so I checked it out and it explains why they wear masks. The reason follows.

Why do we wear masks?

People have asked, and continue to ask, why we wear masks. The primary reason for the masks is the protection of our identities. After all, how anonymous would we be if we exposed our faces to the world? A second reason is the protection of our lives and livelihood. Due to Scientology's Fair Game policy, we put ourselves at risk socially, politically, and financially when we speak out against this dangerous cult. This is a cult that has a well earned reputation for harassing critics and openly critical ex-scientologists at their homes and workplaces. Taking measures to protect your privacy and anonymity when confronted by an aggressively litigious cult - a cult whose mantra is "Never Defend, Always Attack!" - is a matter of common sense.

An in-depth article on the Fair Game policy can be found at Operation Clambake. A quick summary would state that any person declared Fair Game by Scientology may be attacked by legal or illegal means, and the Scientologist who commits this act may not be punished by the cult for it. While Scientology claims to have ended the policy several decades ago, they did so only in name. The cult continues to practice this policy to this day.

I wasn't aware of this! Flipper i think you're right when you say they are worse than JWs - much worse! The indoctrination process is very similar but they are definitely more extreme.

D.

• andy5421
    andy5421

There is a Time Article about Scientologists:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,972865,00.html

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Did anybody see the short 'a current affair' story on them here in Aust last week or two ago? It was not real good, and all the spokes-women did was deny deny deny...

We have a politician here who keeps pushing for government investigation of the scientologists. Kind off interesting because as the scientologists warned, if they get investigated, it will open the way for all religions to be investigated!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit