Scientology really is a lot like the JW's

by dissed 13 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

At the edge of arid foothills far outside Los Angeles, hundreds of Scientology followers live on a gated, 500-acre campus and work long hours for almost no pay reproducing the works of founder L. Ron Hubbard and creating the church's teaching and promotional materials.

The church says its 5,000 so-called Sea Organization members are religious devotees akin to monks who are exempt from wage requirements and overtime. But two lawsuits filed by two former Sea Org members, as they are known, allege the workers are little more than slave laborers, forced to work 100-hour weeks for pennies and threatened with manual labor if they cause trouble.

I don't feel the WT's Bethel is quite this bad,...... but it's not far from it. (as one who used to work there says) lol

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/27/ex-scientology-lawsuits-reveal-elite-sea-org-group/?test=latestnews

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Scientology is worse, blantantly so.

• Gayle
    Gayle

There are similarities for sure.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I wonder if plaintiffs win would that set precedence so xjw bethelites could sue and win? With enough xjw could there be a class action law suit? Imagine if wts had to pay out for all the times people slaved for them at bethel?

• flipper
    flipper

Scientology's doctrines and practices are very similar to Jehovah's witnesses, but the harshness is greatly magnified, sort of like JW"S gone psychotic on methamphetamines. Examples:

Only Scientology has the way to truth and salvation, is "the most ethical group on the planet"

Leaders are spiritually superior. Obey and do not question. Your own thoughts are not to be trusted.

Leaving Scientology will ruin your life: failure, depression, insanity.

"Wogs" are the same as "worldy people". Spiritually lost and inferior. Scientology has a lot of jargon that outsiders can't understand.

No charity work. Working for Scientology is more important - it is the only thing that will save the planet.

This lifetime is unimportant - Scientologists will live happily when the planet is "cleared" (converted and saved)

Not really a church. Publishing company - of their stupid hard to read propaganda. Own seagoing ships and big time real estate.

Constant busy work for the organization at little or no pay. If you become sick or stressed, it is because you haven't followed the doctrine. Or possibly you need to banish some "body thetans". (kind of like demons)

Reading or listening to criticism of Scientology endangers your spirituality, as will associating with critics or apostates.

The S. organization is more important than family or friends. Informing is encouraged, punishment for not informing.

Any suspect behavior or rumors will lead to a "committee of evidence" Much like a judicial committee.

Being "disconnected" is like being disfellowshipped. Very serious shunning policy. Families are broken up. Unbelieving members are undercover for fear of losing family. Disbelief and doubt are not tolerated.

Patriarchal - men are in charge. Sexual abuse and violence toward women and children is covered up. Not allowed to go to police - the organization will take care of it. Scientology's public image is more important.

Love bombing of new recruits, wealthy and famous members.

• flipper
    flipper

One more thing! Ex Scientologists have a website similar to this one - www.forum.exscn.net

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

And another: they don't want outsiders or new recruits to know everything they really teach and require of their members. You don't find out until you're already hooked and under the organization's control.

• maputo95
    maputo95

I have studied both Scientology and Watchtower doctrines and I can say, hand on my heart that there are many things in Hubbard's writings which have helped me in life, especially in the field of study technology. I still read Ron's work with fascination treating him as just another philosopher. I have done some cheap but fun basic courses and have enjoyed them. I am public in Scientology and belong to a mainstream Christian church. To me Scientology is a self-improvement org. They do not attack other religions in the blatant way that the JWs do. Now, the WT is probably the least useful high-control group I have ever encountered. I feel their exegesis is pathetically bad and their drilling of their proselytes, shallow and predictible. I dislike their scorn and hatred of European culture. They are boring. I love and pray for all, including JWs and Scientologists. They have a right to use whatever they want.

• maputo95
    maputo95

PS, Flipper. Thanks for the website you suggest. I will use it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah they sign a contract not to have children...hello fellow Watchtower/Scientology Bethel slaves!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit