Lying for 'The Truth'?

by TTWSYF 40 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

yes, thanks to Poppers and Asilentone too. Half hour long and lies start at 3min 30 seconds into it.

dc

• asilentone
    asilentone

you are welcome! see my top post of this page.

• dgp
    dgp

TTWSYF: Yet, jws are told not to lie in court...but they can lie to other jws. and to prospective converts too or to anyone who finds scriptual contridictions with the Watchtower promoted 'truths' it seems. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks

You're not wrong. They lie to converts too. And they also tell half-truths, and they also tell things they know you won't really understand and thus will be misleading, yet you won't be able to claim they lied to you. As in Clinton's "I didn't inhale", or "it depends on what the meaning of "is" is".

They know you wouldn't join if they told you the whole truth at the beginning. So they don't.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

DPG, I know. Tell me about it. I hope I do not offend you by saying you may be wrong on one thing. You see, my JW brother constantly lies. He gave me the old -

“An appeal for understanding… Jehovah’s Witnesses organized a convention in Berlin, Germany, on June 25, 1933. Some 7,000 persons assembled… The immovable neutral position of the Witnesses, along with their loyalty to God’s Kingdom, was unacceptable to the Hitler government. The Nazis did not intend to tolerate any refusal to support their ideology.”Awake! August 22, 1995, pp. 6-7

I found out [only after my brother kept constantly throwing anti-catholic/pro-watchtower doctrine my way. ] www.4jehovah.com/jehovahs-witness-history.php that those 7,000 people assembled as a pro-Nazi movement. Yearbook in 1934 stated that those JWs stood with the Nazi government and their anti-west/anti-Jewsish [banking] stance and priciples.

My bro read it, was deeply troubled by it when he confirmed it in www.archive.org/details/WatchtowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvaniaWatchtowerpubs_0 which is an on-line JW publications library upto 1947.

Anywho, after he read it and [seemingly] accepted it, he still kept trying to perpetuate it, [gotta love his persistance ;'}, but... That's just awful, isn't it?. He knows it's a lie, yet he still 'lies for the Truth'. Even said he doesn't care that it's a lie. This is how he leads his family [wife and kids]. Needless to say, they are in great standing in their Kingdom Hall.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

sorry, I missed org in the previous post

www.4jehovah.org/jehovahs-witnesses-history.php

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

argh...just having issues confirming those websites from my posts...very sorry folks.

dc

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

How can a "spirit-inspired, scripture based" organization justify "Theocratic Warfare"?

(Lev 5:1, 5) If someone sins in any of these following cases: He should have come forward to give evidence when he heard the formal adjuration, having seen the incident or known the facts; but he has not spoken out, and so bears the consequences of his guilt; ... [5] if he is answerable in any of those cases, he will have to confess the sin committed.

(Lev 19:12) You will not swear by my name with intent to deceive and thus profane the name of your God. I am YHWH.

Compare this to how the Watchtower recommends children be coached to testify, according to Page 43 of Preparing for Child Custody Cases:

Be careful that they don't get the impression that they are in a demonstration at the circuit assembly, when they would show that the first things in life are service and going to the Kingdom Hall. Show hobbies, crafts, social activity, sports, and especially plans for the future.

Compare this to telling "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

• carla
    carla

See the definition of the word 'lie' in the 'Aid Book' and you will see they redefine the word as usual. They define it as 'who is worthy of truth', ask a jw who is worthy of truth and they will say 'everyone'. Does that mean they are going against the fds then? the fds says only those who are 'worthy' need the whole truth, the r & f says everyone is 'worthy' of truth (even if they don't apply that in real life).

When apologist use the excuse that people have had to lie in order to save their life or that of others such as in the case of war it is a ridiculous comparison because we are not talking about some worldly government here. They lie to get people into the cult and in daily life on a regular basis in my experience. Ask a jw if God Himself would really need people to lie for Him to get people to join their/His organization? God would need people to lie for Him so others would believe in Him? then ask the jw 'who is the father of lies?' at this point they get angry and either clam up or change the subject.

• spawn
    spawn

Lying is what the GB do best, they have no concept of "Truth", but then they are no different to any other religion. Religion is all about control and money.

• Heaven
    Heaven

With Jehovah's Witnesses, the lying starts from day one. When they knock on your door, they do NOT identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses. Now why is that?

If you are not familiar with JWs at all, you have no idea who you are talking to when they offer you the magazines and a 'free home Bible Study'. If you are born in, you just naturally assume your parents are telling you the truth. Either way, you are told certain things that are either incorrect, change, or never materialize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit