Lying for 'The Truth'?

by TTWSYF 40 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

My bro introduced me to a concept called 'Lying for the Truth'. Is that actually something that the Watchtower promotes? Talk about a contridiction, I didn't think it could be true that such a practice would be tolerated, but he says so. Anyone else hear of such nonsense from the Watchtower?!

dc

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, it is called Theocratic Warfare Strategy.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

How could God, who hates lies and liars, possibly charge his sole channel of communication such a thing?!

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you are not entitled to know the truth, it is not lying to them.

• tec
    tec

How could God, who hates lies and liars, possibly charge his sole channel of communication such a thing?!

He could not.

• blondie
    blondie

***Insight Volume 2 it-2 p. 245 Lie ***While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it. Jesus Christ counseled: "Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." (Mt 7:6) That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unnecessary harm. (Mt 15:1-6; 21:23-27; Joh 7:3-10) Evidently the course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirecting or in withholding full facts from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light.—Ge 12:10-19; chap 20; 26:1-10; Jos 2:1-6; Jas 2:25; 2Ki 6:11-23.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." (Mt 7:6) That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unnecessary harm. (Mt 15:1-6; 21:23-27; Joh 7:3-10)

Yes, but those 'holy pearls' are examples of truth and not of lies, are they not? Doesn't that example show that you shouldn't waste speaking the truth on dogs or pigs? I don't see how that could be showing how you should 'lie for the truth'.

dc

• asilentone
    asilentone

I know, it is a fucked up religion.

• blondie
    blondie

But who decides who are dogs and who are pigs?????

Yet, jws are told not to lie in court...but they can lie to other jws.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Yet, jws are told not to lie in court...but they can lie to other jws.

and to prospective converts too or to anyone who finds scriptual contridictions with the Watchtower promoted 'truths' it seems. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks

dc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit