The Marks the WT is God's Only Org on Earth

by maputo95 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maputo95
    maputo95

With monotous regularity, My JW friend says the proof that the Org is God's only divinely inspired org on Earth is the fact that they go door to door. How should I respond to this convuluted logic?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So do Vacuum Cleaner salesmen..

AB71192, Chip Simons /Taxi........................ ...OUTLAW

• maputo95
    maputo95

Outlaw-lol!!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Ask him to explain why door to door work proves it.

• Think About It
    Think About It

So the most powerful & efficient being in all the cosmos chooses his organization on earth to use one of the most inefficient methods known to man to deliver such a devine inspired life saving message to the masses?

Think About It

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Jesus said the mark of his followers would be love. I posted about why the JWs fail on this count a while back. Bring it back to the love.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

You could point out that Jesus only ever said one thing about transferring from house to house, and that was don't do it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

And don`t forget the Avon ladies

smiddy

• maputo95
    maputo95

Hi Tenebreux

Please give me a reference for Jesus's saying that transferring from door to door should be avoided. The bottom line is that it is NOT a good way of spreading the Gospel or whatever the Witnesses spread which sure isn't the Gospel. That is why less and less salesmen appear at doors.

• teel
    teel

An elder ex friend of mine (ex because friendship is conditional in the WTS world ) used the same argument. I told him there are many other religions who do the same, and told him that it should also matter what message they bring, just going door to door is not enough.

Don't expect to convince a JW of anything, they have too much invested to actually admit they're wrong. The best you can get is to get them thinking. If not right then, maybe you just plant a seed that later will resurface.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit