The multitude that no man can number

by SonoftheTrinity 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I wonder if Jehoober would destroy all those people who donated blood? After all, the blood fractions (like factor 8 for hemopheliacs) are used to treat Jehovah's Witnesses every day.

..................................................8.....I LOVE 8!!..

.....................................HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE 8??!!..

.........................Image result for Muppets the count

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Count, as a vampire your first on Jehoober's shitlist. Along with Sparlock and Prince.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I for one really find the book of revelations really interesting but find it is quite frightening how all WTS theology replies on it, with something being symbolic of this and that and up really meaning down and 1 plus 1 really meaning 3 etc etc.

I don’t know of too many people in the secular academic community ( professor of religious studies ) that support the JWs and they don’t even have a dog in the fight either way. It is pretty scary these people go to go trying to teach the bible.

Well, if Jew means those with the heavenly hope and 144000 is a literally number and great crowd means those who live on paradise earth.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

Am I the only one who reads Revelation 20:5 that the resurrection of those who would have an earthly hope, don't get resurrected until after the 1000 year reign? If that's the case, there's no way they can be counted as the great crowd I know the watchtower says they "come to life" meaning they gain perfection but read the verses.

Revelation 20:4,5 - 4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls* of those executed* for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand.+ And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ+ for 1,000 years. 5 (The rest of the dead+ did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I know the amount of steaming piles this organization generates is inumerable.

That's what I shall call them the Generaters of Bullcrap.

• Dieter G
    Dieter G

The multitude that no man can number of Revelation 7:9 are just the unknown final number of those of the little flock to whom Jehovah will give the heavenly kingdom of the 1000 years (Luke 12:32) still alive on earth at its commencement. NOT a WT teaching, for it is just a bible reality. Sorry about that.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Please don't ask me to explain:

Which no man could number.—“Whose number no man is able to tell (i. e., it is not a foreordained or fixed number—none were called to be of this company.)”—Rev. 5:11.

Of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues.—“As the number of the Bride of Christ is to be 144,000, it would be reasonable to think that each number of this class may have 144,000 to look after, as 144,000 x 144,000 equals 20,736,000,000 (twenty billions seven hundred and thirty-six millions), evidently just about the right number to be cared for—144,000 would be quite a host for each individual of the Bride class to look after. So we can see the necessity for the work of the Great Company." - The Finished Mystery 1917

• Island Man
    Island Man

I am convinced that the author of Revelation intended the "great crowd" to represent gentile christians; and the 144,000, the remnant of Jews who become christians.

Furthermore, the author seems to be saying that the gentile christians are Abraham's seed even though they aren't Jews. He does it by saying the great crowd is without number. He's basically alluding to God's promise to Abraham that his seed would be without number like the stars of the heavens.

The author is revealing that God's promise to Abraham gets fulfilled in a remnant of Jewish christians joined by a vast multitude of gentiles. This is essentially the same message at Romans 11:1-12.

It is also possible that the writer intended the 144,000 and the great crowd to be understood as being one and the same. Why do I say that? Well the early part of Revelation 7 has John hearing the number that were sealed out of every tribe of Israel, immediately followed by him seeing a great crowd of every nation. It is possible that the writer was using this format to reveal to the reader that the 144,000 "Jews" that John heard being sealed actually turns out to be a vast number of people of all nations, by way of a kind of dramatic and unexpected revelation that is contrary to what is expected.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    And then there's the whole story about King David taking a census, consequently thousands of innocent people had to die. As much as WT loves the OT, they should realize that counting things is evil, consequently thousands of innocent people should die for WT's yearbook census reports... well, lets be obvious and state that all the millions of sheeple now living will die eventually.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

these are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, not the final war. the great tribulation, ws indeed great for them back then, we all continue to have tribulation. some of us have great tribulation , say, those victims of ethnic cleansing, i say the reason no man can number them is because no one will ever be able to count only people who have had tribulation in their lives, it would be easier to count people who were born, and died with a easy trouble free life.

verse 15 in rev ch 7 tells me one thing. these people are all in 'heaven' because they are serving God day and night IN his temple.

Id reason, they are not on a paradise earth. that is why they will no more suffer thirst hunger sickness and death those former things passes away for them. after all the jw thought is that when you are in the 1000 year reign, if you sin, you will be destroyed. at least that's what i was told.

the last ch of rev says people will be outside , so there is obviously something missing here, like lots of pages...

revelation ch 7 had plenty of opportunity to mention a paradise earth. it does not.

although, now, if this is an 'earthly' temple, than gee where is the backup scriptures for that.

certainly not in the gray bible, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit