Advice on how to shed your worldly friends.

by iknowall558 17 Replies latest forum tech-support

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Poor kid. I once went through a "shedding 'worldly' friends" phase, but thank goodness they were forgiving people. My JW friends turned out to be the ones I needed to avoid, since the non-dubs are loads better.

• dgp
    dgp

I have a rethorical question.

Can the WTS please explain the meaning of these Bible passages for me?

Matthew 5:43-48 (New World Translation, by the way):

43 “Y OU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU : Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU ; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU , what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 Y OU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Luke 10:25-37:

25 Now, look! a certain man versed in the Law rose up, to test him out, and said: “Teacher, by doing what shall I inherit everlasting life?” 26 He said to him: “What is written in the Law? How do you read?” 27 In answer he said: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind,’ and, ‘your neighbor as yourself.’” 28 He said to him: “You answered correctly; ‘keep on doing this and you will get life.’”

29 But, wanting to prove himself righteous, the man said to Jesus: “Who really is my neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jer´i·cho and fell among robbers, who both stripped him and inflicted blows, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now, by coincidence, a certain priest was going down over that road, but, when he saw him, he went by on the opposite side. 32 Likewise, a Levite also, when he got down to the place and saw him, went by on the opposite side. 33 But a certain Sa·mar´i·tan traveling the road came upon him and, at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bound up his wounds, pouring oil and wine upon them. Then he mounted him upon his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two de·nar´i·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said, ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I come back here.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man that fell among the robbers?” 37 He said: “The one that acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: “Go your way and be doing the same yourself.”

I'm sure that they would find a way to bend this, too. If the "half-dead" person were a practicing witness, he of course would take the help, and would then find himself in the position of having to shed the despicable worldly Samaritan. Tactfully, yes, because otherwise the despicable worldly might not join the WTS. If the Samaritan became interested in being a friend, of course the witness would have to "shed" him. Otherwise, he wouldn't keep himself in God's Love, right?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Letter from WT's Haiti Branch Committee re: Society's relief ...

dgp. are the above scriptures really put into practice ? Read for yourself.

• dgp
    dgp

Iknowall, thank you for the link to that thread. I hope you can see I have nothing against you, or any witness really. It's against the way of thinking and acting. I hope the examples are useful in showing how wrong it is to follow such behaviors.

• teel
    teel

Gromit: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say you can't post whatever you want. You may have had different intention with your statement, but the same reason is used all too much by JWs, and they do use it as red herring: oh, we have a few pedophiles, but look! the catholics have much more! Booo, bad religion!

I just wanted to make it clear that demanding to shed your friends is still an inhumane thing, no matter who does it. I'm glad you agree.

• ufo1
    ufo1

It is so very pathetic, they will always they are persicuted for serving Jehovah, Total BS they are only "persicuted" for acting like asses and treating people like poop!

Besides telling somone that you don't agree with them is not persicution. One day it might be interesting to see some JW really percicuted, only I would not wish that upon anyone.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

"I hope you can see I have nothing against you, or any witness really. It's against the way of thinking and acting."

Yes...this is how most on here feel. Its the 'Watchtower' teachings and not the 'Bible's' that cause the JWs to act in an 'unchristian' manner. They are obliged to follow their teachings even when it doesnt match scripture. The results are plain to see.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Besides telling somone that you don't agree with them is not persecution. One day it might be interesting to see some JW really persecuted, only I would not wish that upon anyone...."

No need to, UFO1... The Gov.Bod brings the persecution upon Jehovah's Witnesses for them, just so they'll feel 'special'.... Just look at the Malawi brothers versus the Mexican brothers; the American brothers at Bethel during WWII as opposed to the German brothers around the same time...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit