How do you cope with Type II diabetes?

by linp24 12 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

snowbird, it was a really lame thread, so few people responded to my thread, thats why I did not put the link out here.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I'm not diabetic, but I am genetically-disposed towards insulin-resistant diabetes (a.k.a. Type II): this is one of the reasons I've been maintaining a low-carb diet for several years now, and plan on doing so for the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived or like people think I'm weird for being on this diet--it's far easier to do than it sounds to many people, and far less conspicuous than you might think. At first it was just about losing my beer-belly (and it does work incredibly well for me to lose and maintain weight), but the more reading I did about low-carb diets, the more it seemed a very healthy life-choice for anyone, though especially those who are prone/predisposed towards or even experiencing insulin resistance.

The two books that I found the most helpful and interesting regarding nutrition, weight loss/maintenance, and insulin-related issues were Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution by Robert C. Atkins, and Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig.

• logic
    logic

Im going on 10 years. Stay away from processed foods, keep your weight down, keep your

carbs way down. Avoid stress (good luck with that one). And excercise. I also use stevia

for a sweetner. Green tea everyday. Apple cider vinegar everyday. And anti-oxidant berry

juices everyday. If you can find aloe vera juice take it everyday. And take chromium picolate

everyday. Im 63 years old and overall feel great (so far).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit