Are you still "Borganized"?

by moman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

I.e. Do I still have emotional baggage attached to feelings to do with the borg and/or trouble with my mind directly related to the borg? No, can't say that I do.

Do I still care for the issues and study the JW's like an anthropologist who studies a particular tribe? Yes. Why? Because I care for others I guess and I've put my mind through it to understand all the overlapping issues and would like to see more healing in others.

Nice questions.

Peace

Mark

• JanH
    JanH

I have to agree with Skeptic.

So, I'd replace this test with another, short one:

*) Do you have a tendency to think in absolutes (ie. issues are black/white)?

Of course, this is not an area where the Borg holds any monopoly.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• moman
    moman

Can one be A LITTLE PREGNANT, or iz that too black & white?

• JanH
    JanH

moman,

Some issues are binary, as you correctly point out. Some statements are either true or false, for example "x is pregnant" or "god exists." There is no middle ground.

That, however, is quite besides the point, since most real life issues can not be reduced to pure right or wrong, yes or no. Your statements fall into that category. I don't think people, groups of people or organizations can be "purely evil" (whatever that means). Besides, "evil" is also such a badly defined term that it would be hopeless to apply it so categorically.

Yes, I surely agree that the WTS/JW organization is a highly destructive one, and one whose bad acts far outweigh whatever good they do. But it remains a fact that for some people, becoming a JW has improved their lives. That, of course, says a lot about the quality or lack thereof in their previous lives.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• moman
    moman

Jan, so az long az an organization does some good, they aren't considered evil?
    I can't think of of a religion or an organization that doesn't or hazen't done some good & that includes the Nazis & the KKK, though I get your RELATIVITY drift.
    The WT operates on the premis of being Gods only channel etc.,etc.,& we know this iz a falsehood, thats b&w to me!

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Part of TMS training of JW's is to use "leading" questions. That being so, they're a trap since they tend to require binary answers as opposed to degrees of relativity in their answers. Realizing this technique now, it's easy to realize how they can catch one unaware of this "reasoning" tactic.

Thanks Jan. Good to hear from you again.

• JanH
    JanH
    Jan, so az long az an organization does some good, they aren't considered evil?

I really don't think "evil" is a good word in this context. How much evil must an organization do to be evil? 90%? 75%? Pretty meaningless to me.

Yes, the WTS' basic claim is false. So JWdom is fundamentally untrue. That is an accusation with meaning, IMO.

WTS/JWdom also commit a lot of bad acts that hurt people.

- Jan
    --

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit