Are you still "Borganized"?

by moman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• moman
    moman

Please,there are still X-Dubs posting on this board that think they are free from the Watchtower. They say things like, "well it may not be the perfect truth, but they, (the WT) still teach good morals" etc.
    Remember we are talking about BRAINWASHING here, & its a very tricky & insidious practice!

I have devised a simple test. If you answer YES to anyone of these questions, you are still not "Borg-free" & infact your BRAIN iz still being HIJACKED by the Borg!

TEST

1) Do you give the WT credit for anything good?

2) Do you DISAGREE that they are pure EVIL?

3) Do you dismiss any of their wrongdoing, no matter how trivial?

4) Do you have any GUILT feelings for leaving?

5) Do you miss not having all the ANSWERS?

6) Does this test bother you?

IMHO, If you answer YES to any of these questions, the Borg iz still pulling your strings!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Eddie,

Interesting post. I think question #1 and #2 are the same. And I do think there are a few small pockets of good things the Society does do, and that's what they use for publicity or to attract converts, or to keep old members in place.

However, the good is far outweighed by the control/scare tactics that they use, and the deception and sleight-of-hand theology.

So I guess I am unable to think in absolutes. But I DO think for myself, and so I do not believe that my brain is hijacked any longer by the WT Society. I've been gone for well over a year, and have never looked back!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• moman
    moman

Gopher,listen to what your saying! Jim Jones, Hitler, Osama all have done some good things, so what!
    You cannot attract followers if you do all bad,the (good things)are just the HOOK to attract the 'sheep' and then the BRAINWASHING can start in ernest!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Whew!! I thought I was in for a hijacking!

I passed. My second "A". My other was for Introduction to Art! A true legacy to my borg upbringing!

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

moman,

Please keep in mind that a lot of xJWs were born and raised in it. When someone is being taught, trained and educated in a certain mindset for a long time, they still have that mindset even unwillingly.

My answer to your test are:
    1. Yes, reason: every group has some good principles about living. I gotta admit that the JWs has good principles in theory. However, I cannot say the same about the practice. In theory and principle, the good thing that is being taught is to love God, but in practice, it is otherwise. So, I do think that the only good thing is in principle.

2. No reason: any group that has double standards, favoritism and goes against its own principles is very hypocritical. All the control and freedom restriction is just downright evil.

3. No, same as reason #2.

4. No, reason: I was never a JW.

5. No, reason: there are answers you just cannot answer now, but you have to search it on your own.

6. No, reason: It is a very good test. It makes you think.

Ajax

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and the best things never die." - The Shawshank Redemption

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

moman,

First, I admit they will never get completely out of my head. I notice that you are also Borganized...why? You are using black and white thinking just like all JWs do. Your questions are too general, and if I answer Yes to any of them, I am still in their clutches?

That is like the questions about whether I am an alcoholic. One was "Have you ever had a drink before noon?" I think I did once, years ago. So even though I don't drink for months at a time [at the time I read the "test".], I "failed" their test. Cause one time years ago I drank in the morning. BTW, having a beer as soon as you wake up is a hangover cure in my hometown. I am one of the blessed who nevers gets hangovers, so I do not know if it works. Many swear it does.

Such a test has value...someone I know used to wait until 12 noon before drinking...not 11:59...but noon...and then quickly pour a drink...so they were not an alcoholic. I used to laugh as the real truth was obvious.

1) Do you give the WT credit for anything good?

This shows your black and white thinking. Everything has some good. The WT is 99% evil but there is some good.

Some drug addicts get off drugs and become JWs. Although this is not perfect, this is a good thing. I'd rather they be a JW than a drug addict.

If one addict gets off drugs because of the WT, then this is a good thing, and the answer is yes.

The JWs talk me how to do public speaking with confidence. This has done wonders for my career. That is good.

My sister's marriage was on the rocks before they both joined the cult. Now they say they have a good marriage. Most would say that is good.

2) Do you DISAGREE that they are pure EVIL?

Yes. More B/W thinking. Nothing is PURE evil. The Wt is very evil.

3) Do you dismiss any of their wrongdoing, no matter how trivial?
    No.

4) Do you have any GUILT feelings for leaving?
    No.

5) Do you miss not having all the ANSWERS?
    Yes. Welcome to the human condition. Hence the reason for religion, self-help books, and advice columnists.

6) Does this test bother you?
    Yes, but only the parts that reflect the thinking below:
    IMHO, If you answer YES to any of these questions, the Borg iz still pulling your strings!

Psychological tests suffer from similar flaws as this one, as do the "is he cheating on you" tests in woman's magazines.

I know that you were not making a scientific test, but the flaws in this one are obvious and show JW-style B/W thinking on your part.

BTW, my view of psychological tests for getting a job is LIE. This is also the experts opinions. Questions like, "do you like to work with people?" ...well, you ALWAYS work with people somewhere in your job...

One fellow said he lose a potential job because he truthfully said he was not a team player. I ask him if he was stupid. Answering no to that question is a sure job-killer. Did he do his work well and cooperate with other employees? Yes, he did. Well, then, bozo, you are a team player.

What such tests lack is the foresight to ask "Can anything generate a Yes response that is not cause by the cult running their thinking?" and then reword the question accordingly.

Richard, who is done raving now, wiping foam from mouth :)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

This is a very touchy subject, which in reality is subject to individual opinion.

Granted, I wholeheartedly agree that the WTBTS man-made doctrine has divided families and caused anguish that couldnt possibly be explained to someone not familiar with the situation.

Alas, to judge everyone who is a Witness based solely on the bad things is to be as judgmental, prone to shunning, and close-minded as they are.

Honestly, you will find many Witnesses who have very sincere hearts, and think with all their body and soul they are doing the right thing. Unfortunately all too often the sincere, good-hearted individual is the one gullable and more likely to be deceived.

I speak from experience. The ones who hold "positions of authority" that know there are severe problems with practices (i.e. enforcement of rules without scriptural backing such as facial grooming + record keeping, maintaining of status such as "in good standing" or "marked", the protection of pedophiles, shunning, UN-affiliation, wavering on blood and sex, etc) are the worst kind of evil. But look closer and you will find loving people among the Rank&File who are piss poor and would give you the clothes off their back because it is the way they were raised.

You will find sweet and sour apples amongst members of all religions. Take a minute and think about what your saying before you categorize an entire population.

Dont brand me a protector of JW. I was a baptized brother who auxiliary pioneered, read at BookStudy, carried mics, aux pioneered, and served behind the book counter. I DA myself after several experiences that brought about depression that words cannot express here. But I refuse to be like them and to judge all people based solely on category. I suggest you do the same.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• MissSC
    MissSC

Moman,

I understand what you are saying. However, I must agree with Skeptic. Asking black and white questions is trouble. Life cannot be judged as black and white. I tried it as a JW - I was raised a JW. In time, I realized that looking at everything as black or white - right or wrong - is problematic.

No one knows what another person is thinking or feeling. There are many people that are JW or even former JW who believe in their hearts they are doing what God wants them to do. Some of these people are good people who are truly trying, others are people who are drawn extremes, and others are on a power high enjoying the feelings of superiority.

For every bad person and bad deed there are good people and good deeds. Do not get me wrong, I am not supporting the JW. If I was still "borganized" I would not be able to see the good in those outside of the JW. Every religion has those who abuse it and those who do not abuse it.

As for Hilter, Hitler thought he was going mankind a favor and in his day due to the programming to hate outsiders many did not question what he was doing. Hilter tithing to the Catholic Church until the day he died although he killed his share of Catholics who did not fit his idea of the perfect person. Unfortunately, those who knew what was happening were brain washed into believing in the perfect human race. Others just could not believe that what they heard was happening was actually happening.

Looking at things as black and white is what creates situations such as Hitler. My way or no way is detrimental is society. This is what Hitler did regarding race and religion. This is what the JW are doing now just on a lessor level. This is what anyone who must have things in black and white is doing to society.

Always, MissSC

Nobody can make you feel inferior
    without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

• moman
    moman

MissSC & Skeptic, thanx for the comments,however I think you missunderstood me.
    First of all my brother & daughter are caught in the Watchtower & they are wonderfull, loving people, so this iz not about people.
    I understand that the TEST waz black & white, but you have to ask yourself if the WT iz premised on a lie? LIES ARE BLACK & WHITE!
    If it iz, then even though they preach some good things it matters not! What iz a , "wolf in sheeps clothing" mean, other than having some good things to attract followers & snare them in their trap!
    You give the WT credit for getting some people off drugs etc., didn't Jim Jones do the same thing? The radical Muslims don't drink & look what they do!
    The bottom line iz this, the WT haz robbed people of their FREEDOM, & they have succeeded in doing this by selling a pack-of-lies along with some very good brainwashing!
    I have nothing good to say about them & wish only for their demise!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Looks like i'm borg free No, no, no, no,no, and no.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit