Patriotism isn't only by the flag?

by YoYoMama 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

It is to bad that you are not an earthworm Ajaxman

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

YoYoMama,

Thanks for reprinting that article for us. It powerfully demonstrates the beauty and necessity of a Free Press! The availability of opposing ideas is what has helped to make the U.S. a great country, steering it back on course when it veers.

It is too bad that the Watchtower is fearful of such among their own.

IW

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Forgive my ignorance, but was Simon physicaly hit during the DF'ing? Is that what you were saying, 007?

ashi

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

It is too bad that you are not a tit mouse, Fred. Instead, you are a stinking cat.

• seven006
    seven006

YoYo,

Give me a little credit here. I can read where you got the article from just as well as anyone. I guess you just missed my point.

Ashitaka,

I heard the story of what happened to Simon from someone on the board. If Simon does not have a problem with telling us from his own words what happened I would greatly appreciate it. I didn't go into any details because I did not hear the story first hand.

Thank you and take care,

Dave

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

We share this here earth with well over 200 nations and national groups. I have no problem with PATRIOTISM, that is, living a good life as a citizen of the country(ies) where we happen to live; and making a positive difference for others. Where I draw the line is against NATIONALISM, that is, the attitude of "my nation first and to hell with co-operation and everybody else".

My opinion is that by following that creed, one can be an effective world citizen and a true patriot for life.

When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers ... we are ripping the foundations of justice from beneath future generations.

• r51785
    r51785
    It's really stupid to say that Witnesses provoked the beatings they received.
    It's like saying that a girl provoked her rape because she was wearing a short skirt.

Isn't that the official teaching of the WT regarding culpability for rape?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit