The 100th Monkey

by startingover 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Well, that explains it. I had this undeniable urge to wash my potatoes before baking them. Thank God for that last monkey. They haven't tasted this good since the day we started playing on the monkey bars. W.Once

• startingover
    startingover

So Fluke, is what you were told different from the video? I am well familiar with cattle guards, as we call them in the US and your post about a sheep "rolling" across one caught my attention. Here they have discovered that cattle are not capable of discerning a real grated "fence" from just lines painted on a road. They seem to work the same.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Like the 100th monkey story, Fluke's rolling sheep story is based on some truth.

There is a village in the Pennines that had a problem with escaping sheep munching the local's gardens a few years ago, but there is no matching 'rolling sheep' story from the south.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • startingover
    startingover

Black Sheep, that is amazing to me! I guess cows aren't quite a smart as sheep. To be honest, I've been bad mouthing sheep and their mentality (which has everything to do with my JW life) but now I have a whole new respect for them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

SHEEP looking for the greener grass on the other side of the fence are using
    Commando techniques to get over cattle grids in a small village.

The sheep living next to the New Forest village of Bramshaw, Hants, elect
    one of their number to lie on the cattle grid while others scramble over
    her and into a garden. Local people noticed the tactic being used in the
    summer of 1995 and since then sheep have also taken to rolling across the
    bars of grids, which protect individual gardens.

UK News Electronic Telegraph Thursday 20 March 1997 Issue 664
    http://www.langston.com/Fun_People/1997/1997AKZ.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit