The 100th Monkey

by startingover 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
  • Terry
    Terry

There is a hidden premise to this puzzle.

The premise is that no monkey ever before washed their food prior to the alleged "first" monkey.

Here is a parallel behavior.

Ever notice that when one person yawns in an audience it starts off a chain reaction?

Well, it doesn't. Not really.

What is hidden is that everybody in the audience (perhaps sitting still for a long while) suffers oxygen deprivation to the brain which signals the need to take an extra large intake of air: hence the yawn.

Somebody is going to be the first to yawn. But, just because somebody is first ---it doesn't mean the first person CAUSED the yawn of others.

Why? Somebody was going to be second. Somebody was going to be third.......anyway.

So, I'm applying this to the Monkey problem.

Monkey's could obviously notice debris on their food and want to NOT EAT the sand or whatsis which leads to washing it.

Something...some common problem or behavior (shared by all) may trigger the behavior or it may be co-incidental.

Until we have complete information we only have partial information.

Remember when the information we had about the Bible and such was so thrilling? Turns out we didn't have ALL THE INFORMATION which made it a bit less than thrilling.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just demonstrating how my cranium works (or doesn't).

Your mileage may vary.

• fluke
    fluke

Errrrr... I dont know... I wouldn't want to discredit it or back this theory up... ???

Anyway, I do know that in England we had this thing that happened to our sheep...

2 sheep had figured out a way to cross the gated floor... Essentially, this floor allows car tires to roll over them and prevents anilmals legs to go over...

Well, these sheep started to roll across the gated floor instead... Then were able to wonder in new feilds and eat the grass that they previously didn't... Though the interesting thing about this was... One was in the north and one in the far south of Engand... They did this within hours of each other, the same day...

• John Doe
    John Doe

There was this weird thing that happened at work one day. Someone on the east end of the building farted, and was bragging about it to everyone. Well, almost simultaneously, same hour even, another customer farted on the west end of the building and started bragging about it. Mind you, no one had ever farted at work before this day.

• fluke
    fluke

I present the facts, I make no conclusions...

And certainly, I wont ridicule your posts...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    One was in the north and one in the far south of Engand... They did this within hours of each other, the same day...

Yeah, right!.... and this was published in ?????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z32-DDFx0dU&feature=related

• fluke
    fluke

wicked video...

I was told about it... I couldn't be bothered to look it up... :)

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

OK, now we're making progress, getting quantifiable data we can compile to start forming hypotheses:

threshold for monkey psychic-field learning: ~100 monkeys.

threshold for sheep psychic-field learning: ~1 sheep.

threshold for human psychic fart-boasting: ~1 human (though the onus of prooving that no one had ever farted at work before that day falls squarely on John Doe (with whom I am LOLing)).

Or perhaps we need to consider the 1:1 simultaneous events mere cosmic synchronicity, on the presumption that in any given situation, the threshold for psychic-field learning is greater than one instance? Then again, can sheep/persons with very high charismas (say 19) cause 1:1 psychic learning?

We need more data, people--please share.

• fluke
    fluke

Thats awesome... LOL!!!

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Monkey, Monkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit