Watchtower and Awake Magazines

by ldrnomo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

i did at first.....read through the articles ,,,looked up the scriptures,,,,got out the aid book if i needed to,,,,used a dictionary,,,,,oh god,,,,i think i just shit my pants......WAIT....i think there is an article about this in the AWAKE MAGAZINE.....yes yes,,,,i have found it...HELPING THOSE WHO CANNOT HELP THEM SELVES!!!

LETS see,,,,,after deep prayer,....encourage the one who has deficated themselves....that they are made clean by the holy spirit and if they would just get up and go out in service,,,,that those big old honking turds, running down their leg would not be noticed....and Should body odor be mentioned,,,do not hesitate to remind them that is is only the smell of faith they are noticeing....etc etc etc.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Nope. Just skimmed enough to get the gist of it to offer at the door. Who had that kind of time? I think that's how they fooled me for so many years, I was so busy w/working, service, meetings, studying for meetings, etc. I wasn't paying attention.

• doublelife
    doublelife

Not consistently but I always tried to.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

One spring we went sailing with a witness couple and he brought a bunch of recent magazines to, as see said, "catch up on his reading" and he sat in the cockpit of that sailboat for a whoe long weekend and read Watchtower and Awake magazines. It was the last thing in the world I would ever do.

LD

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i did and also listened to them on cassete.the wts always asked us if we did.if we didnt we were not showing appreciation for jehovahs provisions they claimed.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only for the first 18 months or so. After that, I would skip articles if I found them boring or not pertinent. I would read the science and experience articles but skip the religious articles that were written solely to tie in Bible characters' lives with mine. Eventually, I would only read those articles that I found of interest, realizing that there is no way something written about what Jesus said 40-60 years ago from memory alone could be reliable.

And now I only read them to bash them.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

not me, i don't think i ever read 1 from cover to cover.

• teel
    teel

Only at the beginning, when everything was new to me. In time I started to realize I'm reading the same shit over and over again with different cover, so I skipped more and more until I skipped the whole magazine. The science articles were the last to go, they went when I realized there's little actual science in them, and mostly it's just a pimping of their doctrine disguised as informative articles.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Just the study articles and the life stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit