Health Care to "Control The People"

by Yizuman 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Rep. John Dingell (D-MI), the Dean of the House of Representatives for being the longest serving member of the body (he was first elected in 1955, succeeding his father, Rep. John Dingell, Sr.), made an amazing admission during a live telephone interview with Detroit WJR News/Talk 760 radio talk show host Paul W. Smith on Smith's show Monday morning, March 22, 2010. The night before, Dingell had been a featured speaker at the Democrat Congressional leadership victory press conference after Obamacare passed the House.

In response to a question posed by Smith, Dingell said:

Quote:

Let me remind you this [Americans allegedly dying because of lack of universal health care] has been going on for years. We are bringing it to a halt. The harsh fact of the matter is when you're going to pass legislation that will cover 300 [million] American people in different ways it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people.

Yiz

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The only surprise is that he let it slip out. It is ALL about control ALWAYS. It isn't a left-right, Dem-Rep thing. It's a power and control thing.

Sorry folks, they're NOT there to HELP you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'd like to wait and see what addition information about this comes out.

• Emma
    Emma

Me, too, Elsewhere. I'd like to see the context; he may have been talking about the need to control the insurance industry.

• JeffT
    JeffT

For some time I have regarded both parties as rival gangs of thugs in a turf war. The media is not helping, witness the amount of ink and bandwidth spent yakking about the political manuvering instead of the substance of bill.

• sir82
    sir82

For someone who spends countless hours moaning about your monetary woes because of not getting enough government-sponsored socialized medicine (Medicaid), you sure do complain a lot about attempts to broaden the reach of medical coverage for the poor.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

ad hominem. Nice.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Too many people are willing to roll over and hand over the controls to Big Nanny Government. It's an easy way out. It absolves them of personal responsibility. Once most aspects of your life are controlled and manipulated by the long arm of the government, the body of citizens simply become either wards or slaves of the State. But, that's okay to a huge segment of what this society has become....kick back and wait for the government to provide.....or NOT....it will be Government's decision then, not yours.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Actually, I think Sir82 raises a valid point, not an ad hominem. It is one thing to be opposed to high government spending. It is another thing to support it, because you live on it. Trying to do both at once is schizophrenic.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    For someone who spends countless hours moaning about your monetary woes because of not getting enough government-sponsored socialized medicine (Medicaid), you sure do complain a lot about attempts to broaden the reach of medical coverage for the poor.

Good point. It's one thing to point out certain flaws in the proposed health care overhaul. It's quite another to bash the entire concept of socialized medicine when you personally have benefitted from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit