new light over the next 5 years?

by dozy 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donuthole
    donuthole

Interesting list and good analysis.

144,000 is symbolic odds – 2/1

This is possible but not probable. It will only happen if the number of partakers continues to increase in a way that makes the literal application blatantly unworkable. To do so prematurely would open the door for more to claim being anointed, something that they are resistant against.

Autologus blood transfusions downgraded to conscience issue odds - 3/2

I can see this as procedures involving ones own blood has continually been laxed. Now your blood can be removed taken down the hall, put through some procedures, brought back, and transfused back into you. They next step will be allowance for pre-donation. Unlike many I do believe that there is a possiblity that the blood ban will be scrapped all together, but if it does occur it will be a subtle "don't ask, don't tell" manner.

Awake magazine scrapped altogether odds 3/1

I agree with this one. They will focus on low-cost special tract campaigns more and more. The Organization will drag their heals but they will have to find a way to exist in a world where traditional publishing companies are becoming less and less relevant.

FADS defined as only the GB – domestics are the anointed in general odds 6/1

I see this coming. In fact recent Watchtower articles have come very close to this, stopping just short. With the increase in the anointed, the Governing Body is drawing a definitive line in the sand and asserting their authority. We may even see the GB align themselves even closer to an apostolic group over the organization.

What to add?

I think there will continue to be a trend to sever direct ties between the local congregations and the World Headquarter, just as Pioneers are now appointed by the congregation and not the society. Elders are another weak link that might be given attention. The oft-rumoured dissolution of the Circuit Overseer arrangement might be key in this.

I am interested to see how the new leadership will respond to political pressure. It is up in the air whether or not they will cave on shunning of family members and continue to be openly critical of other religious faiths.

Maybe not in the very near future but eventually there should be a shift away from existing as a publishing empire to one that can be sustained in other ways. Operations may be scaled back considerably with branches continuing to be consolidated and sold. The sales revenue from property will carry the Organization somewhat at the same time it wouldn't be surprising if there continued to be more emphasis on donations. I don't see a tithe as being likely but perhaps some orther type of pressure to get outright donations that are not linked to "buying" publications.

• besty
    besty

Likely the current GB are all hand-picked by Ted Jaracz (aged 85), with the exception of John Barr (aged 97 and seemed pretty feeble when I met him 7 years ago).

Jaracz has been on the GB 36 years, meaning that the Organization is largely in his image.

My prediction would be for a more hardline view to develop on trivial matters - trivial defined as unimportant to anyone except a true believer JW. Ask yourself - 'who else really cares if JW's believe 144,000 is literal or symbolic?' Losch (aged 69) and Herd (aged 75) will slug it out for control so expect their pet projects to be pushed hard, maybe in opposite directions leading to blinking new light.

The exception would be if for legal reasons or for self-serving pragmatic benefit they relax certain policies - eg blood and shunning - might it even be possible they could try to implement this on a regional basis? eg the Bulgaria project

Remember this is a high control group - they don't 'get' an alternative style - it is in their DNA since Rutherford.

Alternative - a black swan event - odds - 100,000/1 - something happens in the USA related to child abuse, blood or shunning that diminishes their business model to the point of them being functionally irrelevant.

• greenie
    greenie

Somebody said: Bearing in mind that the GB back in 2002 temporarily allowed this then backtracked , I think it is certain that eventually they will allow it.

When did this happen? Any details?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

144,000 is symbolic odds – 2/1

I know that this will change, but it will be awhile yet, they can explain it for about 10 to 20 years, I have brought it up to my dad and his reply is that the new ones partaking, are not really part of the 144,000, they just think that they are. I have heard this from other active JW's too, I am sure that this is something that the GB has implied in the mags.

2 years ago, I wrote a letter to myself stating that this would change from a literal number to a figurative number, and I mailed it to myself with a post mark and never opened it, so I can show it to my grandma and dad, and then ask them the question, how could I get new understanding years before the GB?

I am hoping that when that day comes, it will be a powerfull point with them. I DON'T THINK THAT IT WILL, I just hope.

elder-schmelder

• TD
    TD
    When did this happen? Any details?

"Blood cards" (Advance Medical Directive) were issued for distribution and then quickly yanked and replaced. The only difference between them was the word "allogeneic."

This:

"I direct that no allogeneic blood transfusions (whole blood, red cells, white cells, platelets, or blood plasma) be given to me under any circumstances..."

Was replaced with this:

"I direct that no blood transfusions (whole blood, red cells, white cells, platelets, or blood plasma) be given to me under any circumstances..."

The language of the first card would have created a loophole allowing the use of autologous blood. This was apparently by design and was confirmed by Bethel insiders.

I have scans I can post later if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Dozy,

If they change all of the blood restrictions, there will still be some witness around whose relatives died from not accepting a transfusion. I knew one nice family whose young daughter developed leukemia. She was "taken from them" by court order while in the hospital. Some witnesses came and told them they should take her out of the hospital and flee with her. The parents told them they couldn't. They had three other children. If the father left his job, and they had no home, how could they make it? Also, they could be arrested. No matter, of course, to the JWs. The mother later told me that other JWs said they would throw the child out the window to her death before they'd let her have a transfusion if it was their child, since she was going to die anyway. (Thank God it wasn't their child-but she did die later of the leukemia)

People who went through events like this would reeeeaaaally be upset if it was changed now, I think. The 144,000 thing, probably not so much. The GB is so viewed as the FDS that I think few would blink an eye on that one.

But, interesting perspectives, and of course, the hits do keep coming....who'd have thought the generation would see so many rediculous changes and so many swallow them?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

MMXIV - wow that would be a good idea for them... talk to them as long as they are at the KH!!! in a way that is what they do to reproved ones... me being one of those chosen.

I think - not sure how - they need to give more respect to women if they want to continue.... The blood deal will need to become "conscience" to provent law suits!!! D/C and C/A will be on the internet... for a fee

• clearlyenlight
    clearlyenlight

Heck the only new light the WT will experience is the New World Order and they will mostly wet their pants when they find out that their Jehovah isn't going to save them.

Advent of Deception

• Scott77
    Scott77

FACEBOOK: To please and retain youngster, there might be a relaxation of rules t o require parent supervision as to who join or is added on to weed out unbelievers.

AWAKE MAGAZINE: To cut cost rather than eliminate it altogether, its possible Awake! Magazine might be published half yearly or quarterly so that over the years, it might can gradually eliminated altogether without shocking effect.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit