Why do some of you JW's stay in the organization?

by dgp 33 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

I have read that up to 67% of all JW's leave the religion when they come of age. So I wish I could know why the others stay. In your opinion, what keeps them in? Would it be family ties, early marriage, really believing the stuff? I would appreciate your posting here.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In my parents case, to admit that the WT was not selected by Jesus would mean that all of the damage that their efforts caused to families and individuals was illegitimate.

70 years worth of damage inflicted on unsuspecting victims in several countries.

Not to mention the unwilling victims, who had their relationships with their friends and families destroyed because they didn't join the cult.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I believe in my wife's case, it is family, the fear of dying, and the belief that this is the only true religion (which no doubt was drilled in her head since infancy). I think deep down she is a spiritual person, like I am, but has been misguided by this religion. I am thankful that my own parents allowed each of us kids to find their own way and I plan to allow my children too to find their spiritual path if they so choose.

No doubt, considering what some other posters here have said, that my daughter may end up choosing the witnesses simply because I will constantly assure her that she has my unconditional love whereas she may see mommy not being as unconditional.

• cattails
    cattails
    Some of us... well, I'm just speaking for myself, but I feel stuck, fenced in by family ties.
  • shamus100
    shamus100

Because of family, and because they have nothing else.

• ExJwsHaveNotGotAnOrganization
    ExJwsHaveNotGotAnOrganization

Contrary to what leavers think, God likes to have a unified people. He had the Nation of Israel, then the Christians, who believed the SAME thing.

The first Christians believed in things that did not happen, like Jesus's Kingdom coming to Jerusalem. The Bible speaks of living on the Earth. That was where Adam and Eve were going to live.

If Jehovah's Witnesses leave, they just go into the world of Heaven or Hell Christendom. Or beliefs that are not based on the Bible.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

oh Ex, you're so cute....can I have your phone number?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Kiss me Ex! Kiss the monkey! I love Jehovahs Witnesses.... I won't hurt you, love.

Kiss me! Kiss the monkey love.

• shamus100
    shamus100

BTW,

I'm just teasing love! You're more than welcome to stay here and post your beliefs.

But I do love kisses.... I really do, if you want. Please kiss the monkey!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Actually, according to what leavers think, yes, god does like a unified people. But it won't be found at the khall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit