6/15/10 WT - p. 8, par. 12

by sd-7 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

sd-7,

Leaving a destructive group like the Jehovah's Witnesses is nothing short of devastating. World-shattering. Our entire life/person was wrapped up in all things WT. Our way of thinking was dominated by a sense of loyalty to them.

I hope things begin to improve for you. I recall feeling a very uneasy and a little frightened about having to really 'think' for myself and make decisions on matters that were previously already decided for me, by strangers in Brooklyn.

Hang in there. Most of us can tell you, that it does get better, even if it happens slowly.

-LWT

• sd-7
    sd-7

Thanks, leavingwt. I'm probably exaggerating. I mean, I'm not a drug addict or an alcoholic with any kids of my own by different women or something like that. Of course, it's only been...2 weeks since I got DF'd. Still, it could be a lot worse. But if it was, it would be because I made it so. And I guess...that's what freedom is all about.

...I just wanted to do that. I love that thumbs up thing.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

SD-7

I’m getting off topic here. But watch this video, I enjoyed it watching and learning from it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8059991273314767024#

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I shudder when I think of life back in the Borg…..

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the temple was jehovahs place of worship then-now it is through christ not this insignificant extremist sect who named themselves jehovahs witnesses.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Zoiks pointed out: "Just think what would become of you..." is fear-mongering at its finest.

I noticed this statement in the article too, and it's designed to initiate fears or play on already existing fears that jws have and that are constantly pounded into them. They are made to think that they are nothing outside the congregational environment; that they will begin making poor, life-threatening decisions upon leaving. It's as if, as soon, as they walk out that figurative door, they'll become immoral, unethical, and incapable of any success in life.

When I left, I wondered if my life would go drastically downhill. Fact is, my life is pretty much the same. I didn't start cheating on my wife, cheating on my taxes, or stealing. I didn't start gambling or become a drunk. I just went to work and came home, spent time with my family, watched sports, etc. Same stuff I always did.

• blondie
    blondie

What the WTS never says is where the rank and file Israelites went to worship when the priests were sacrificing to false gods and the temple was full of idols to false gods, and Israelites were tossing their children into the fire.....I'm sure they stayed home.

• teel
    teel
    "He started reasoning clearly and logically when he went to the place where Jehovah was worshipped. Similarly today, we can find wise counselors and enjoy wholesome spiritual food at congregation meetings."

Is it just me, or are these two sentences contradicting one another? There's nothing "similar today" in the second sentence. If I go to the place of worship either I'll start reasoning clearly and logically, or I'll start listening to counselors telling me what is clear and logical. You can't have both...

• sd-7
    sd-7
    What the WTS never says is where the rank and file Israelites went to worship when the priests were sacrificing to false gods and the temple was full of idols to false gods, and Israelites were tossing their children into the fire.....I'm sure they stayed home.

Precisely, blondie! This is where going along with the "organization" gets undercut. If it does things that are wrong, and you support it, you take on responsibility for all of those things.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

SD-7, emailed you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit