Legal Department....

by on the rocks 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Just curious to know how big is the legal department in Brooklyn?? Is it headed by a GB member...how much influence they have over the teachings of the society?

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

It's 100 monkey's pounding out nonsense on type writers and one old man that feeds them and cleans their cages....

• alanv
    alanv

The vast majority of work is done by non governing body members. There is certainly no need to have them in the legal department.

The vast amount of articles are written by non gov. body members, indeed many non teaching articles are written by women.

As I understand it a few of the members simply have to initial a teaching article to show that they agree with it.

• JWoods
    JWoods

What, BTW, is a "teaching article"? I thought the word from on high was that anything in the books & magazines was practically the inspired spiritual manna from the lord.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would think Barbara Anderson can answer your question better.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I would think Barbara Anderson can answer your question better.

My question, or the original topic?

• blondie
    blondie

Teaching articles are the kind that mostly appear in the Awake, some which are informational in the WT. That is why Barbara Anderson's research and writings were printed in the Awake magazine.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Teaching articles are the kind that mostly appear in the Awake, some which are informational in the WT. That is why Barbara Anderson's research and writings were printed in the Awake magazine.

Don't you mean that these are NON-teaching articles? (i.e. - "informational") An above poster said -

The vast amount of articles are written by non gov. body members, indeed many non teaching articles are written by women.

It does bring up the question of whether these non-teaching articles carry any inspired by holy spirit quality.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Any estimation the amount of WT attorneys there are at the Headquarters and worldwide? I have heard of at least two are women.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Awake! and the public WT are informational. Kool Aid WT is teaching.

As to the original question, there is little doubt in my mind that the lawyers run the entire show as they see fit. They let the GB make the call on things they don't care about but if they feel something needs to be put into a KM or WT or elder body letter, it gets in there. I can't imagine the GB EVER overruling the attorneys at this point in the game.

Example: April KM telling people to get the mp3s of talks off of the Internet. Why? Legal reasons, no doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit