A relationship question for middle aged men

by Magwitch 35 Replies latest social relationships

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am 45, single, never married and no kids. I am also very happy. I do like dating but have not found someone who would make me happier being with them than I am a single guy. I certainly would not likely know if she was that right person after only a few months of dating.

Do you enjoy his company? Is it your fear of being alone that is driving this or is it really about the relationship. Not knowing either you or the guy it si tough to say, but at this point in your life after having raised a family, is it more valuable to have someone with whom you can share daily activities and special moments (like you have right now) or is it about 'moving in together/marriage" even at the risk of losing what is apparently making you happy.

When/If the right gal comes into my life, I certainly will not be jumping into having her move in or marriage.

My 2 cents

• Broken Promises
  • Caligula1
    Caligula1

I think it will be good to be alone when you children move away.

The self reflection is good.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

He doesnt want to commit because he is happy the way he is. Why do you want to change that?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Decide what you want more, him or marriage. Then do that.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Commitment is overrated. If you like dating him and he likes dating you and you're both happy, why ask for anything more?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am a happy married middle aged man. My Aunt married a life long batchelor at 50 years old and they had a wonderful marriage for the last 20 years of his life -she is now 80 and in a home. Things can work. If all is good now -why bother committing just yet. Keep enjoying each others company and you just never know -time will tell. My 2 cents

• Twitch
    Twitch

Has he just been alone too long to ever commit?????

I didn't know there was an expiry date on being able to commit.

Some people need to be around people/have relationships. Others not so much. Some actually like their privacy and don't mind being alone. If he's happy with what he has, why change it?

Date someone else and you'll find out if what he's saying is true. Either way, you'll be ahead.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Magwitch,

I think you are wasting your time with this person if you expect to get married. But, if this is okay with you it is your business. It certainly wouldn't be right for me though. Also, as a general rule, when a man is single at a certain age, it is highly unlikely that he will want to get married. He may be 'happy the way he is' but leave him alone.

I know there are exceptions to the rule and some men get married later in life. But, do you want to waste your time waiting around???

See other people.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Are you still with him? Some great advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit