A relationship question for middle aged men

by Magwitch 35 Replies latest social relationships

• Terry
    Terry

There is only one reason for a person to be happy. It is because what they are doing works!

If you want a happy person to be unhappy you should ask them to change what they are doing.

Then, both of you can share unhappiness.

Note: a relationship is relative to your goal.

When you create a goal for yourself that removes the other person's source of happiness it is time for a rethink of one's goal.

I have been single for about five years and I choose not to have any relationships at all.

Why?

Nobody wants what I want.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

"Never let school get in the way of a good education, nor marriage in the way of a good relationship."

Mark Twain would have loved that ......

Think about it: Not sure what I want him to commit to. I may be feeling a little desperate because my oldest daughter is leaving for Spain next month for her college sophomore year and my youngest is heading out of state to attend SCU. It will be the first time I am all alone (ever)

• minimus
    minimus

If a man doesn't want to commit, it's because he enjoys his life pretty much the way it is. If HE wanted to change his arrangement, he'd do it. I think it's funny that he just enjoys playing games so much. Get him the board game Life.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

hear hear Terry!

clap clap clap

• minimus
    minimus

Terry would over analyze and drive the prospect nuts!

• yknot
    yknot

cannot commit to anything other than having me as his best friend .

..... is this exactly what he said ??.........

..... if so, do you have reason to believe he is being dishonest ?.....

..... Maybe 'test' the waters some and accept a 'real date', someone who isn't interested in being your 'best friend'......

That all said there is a great value in learning to be 'okay' and alone.......

Congrats on your children's accomplishments in education!!!!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

My dilemma…

I have enjoyed a very fun and active dating life these last four years of freedom. Most dates end by me moving on (always another fish out there).

Magwitch, are YOU ready to settle down?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Mag, .....Enjoy the alone time, get to know what you want, what you need. Guys that age are confirmed bachelors....(count 'em up in our own family)

Make that guy sweat a little or a lot. A little mystery is always intriguing.

r.

• nelly136
    nelly136

attentive spends a lot of time with you through choice not force and is there when it counts.

sounds perfect, if it aint broke dont mend it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Probably. Take him at his word. (My husband says the same) He has had a life-style of non-commitment and happy with it.

I have a red-alert button asking, do you know anyone that has known him a long time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit