Here's my story! (Long one!)

by its_me! 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

thanks for sharing your story...I will be back with more comments later on...

• bohm
    bohm

Hello Its_me! I have send you a personal message - click on the envelope at the top-right corner to see it. You may get an error the first time, then just try again (The forum is like that). Have a nice day!

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear its_me...,

It's just sickening that you've experienced so much abuse on the part of your father, husbands and other witnesses in the congregation. I never suffered any of that, so that behaviour is totally alien to me. It's beyond me how anybody can treat somebody as humble, gentle, and kind-hearted as you with so much cruelty and still look at themselves in the mirror every morning. It makes me so sad and angry...

It's great that you've found this board. We all wish you a swift recovery from your wounds. Best of luck to you. OLGA.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will definitely read Crisis of Conscience, and the other ones mentioned, I can't wait! I just have to get enough money together to buy them! (Economy sucks!)

Try your local library. They might already have some of the books you need.

Stop beating yourself up over "adultery." You had an abusive relationship and saw that as your way out. If you want to say you "cheated" then say you cheated on someone who didn't deserve you. It's not just JW's, but religion in general can make people feel guilty about the things they do. Regardless of what beliefs we later embrace, you weren't doing anything to give the finger to God. Give yourself a break there.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Thank you all so much! I have felt more love and acceptance on this site in a week than I did in the ORG in my lifetime!

• Deceived
    Deceived

Its_ me!!!

I feel for you soooooooooo MUCH. I too had somewhat the same type of experience many years ago because I was raised a JW. Coming up against nothing but unkind Elders and parents and people and ending up in relationships with abusive people. Thank you for trusting us and sharing your experience. You have come to the right place to vent and know that you re not alone with this. Nor are you a Bad person. I am not sure your age but you sound pretty young.

You are lucky in one way. There are so many resources out there now to help you recover from this background that was NOT your fault. Those resources were not available when I left.

Hugs from Deceived.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit