What will happen to me if I drink all of the wine when it is passed to me at the Memorial?

by asilentone 32 Replies latest social humour

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

They will take you out back and kill you, then toss you into a shallow grave.

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

They will not do anything to you if you partake. It is not a JW law that you cannot partake. No one but God can say if you are anointed or not even according to JW doctrine. I went last year to the Memorial. I went to the hall that my parents go to, the same one I was disfellowshipped at. I showed up with my wife and kids, because you know how they are always wanting to make a good "witness" to the unbelieving mates. I had long hair and a big beard, was wearing a black hat, and bright orange snake print jeans, The elder handed the wine directly to me and I partake looking solemnly into his eyes. To my surprise, he also handed me the bread and I ate a piece of it too. I knew the elder very well, and used to go in service with him all the time. After the meeting was over, I stayed and talked to my mom and dad and other JW's with my wife and kids with me.

Don't let the Witnesses scare you. The only power they have, is the power you give them. Partake if that's what you feel is the right thing to do. Jesus did say that we all should partake. John chapter 6

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The first thing that will happen to you will be the hilarity of the moment as you watch the expressions of the men serving the wine. Then you will next watch them look at each other trying to figure out what to do. Then you will see the smartest one of the group grab the empty wine glass, go to the stage and poor more wine in the glass. I don't think there is anything based on the procedures they have in place to do anything to you.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit