Please accept my apology for being an elder and participating in Judicial Committees

by TastingFreedom 46 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Im shaking your hand.

• yknot
    yknot

CyberJesus beat me to the parody!

I am glad you are conscious TastingFreedom!

I am curious if you have ever 'reached-out' too or consider such action to those you may have stumbled/hurt in the more unsavory JC investigations or outcomes?.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

CyberJesus is my close friend. I forgive him!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I can't see what I'm posting to here, but I don't hold any grudges towards those who were hopelessly in the cult. I was just as much of an ass as you were.

Perhaps I should apologise too.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

As a person on the receiving end of a judicial committee, I forgive you!

• cognac
    cognac

The thing is, I don't know you. I don't know if you were one of the elders who said I was partly to blame for the severe abuse I went through. I don't know if you were that elder who said if I had lived in a different time period I would have bee atoned to death due to committing fornication. I don't know if you were the elder who did much worse things then what I just mentioned. Honestly, ice never gotten an apology and the closest thing I've gotten to it is you apologizing. I've held a heavy weight in my heart towards elders. Do I forgive you? No. That's my honest answer. My grudge is so deep and it was the one promise I made to myself when I was 12 years old. Not to forgive because once you forgive you open your heart to once again go through such massive pain that you can't bare to be within your own skin. Thank you for opening the door to the start of the process of forgiveness. Nobody has ever apologized so it never occurred to me to try. Thank you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I can't see the rest of the thread for some reason, but based on your topic, I totally accept your apology. If your apology is not really the subject (things sometimes have a way of changing here once you open a thread)... no worries. I issue a "blanket" apology to my husband once a month... to cover whatever I need to apologize for during the month (and, yeah, I will have things to apologize for - don't we all?. So, we'll just let this "cover."

Please, go your way in peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cognac
    cognac

The thing is, I don't know you. I don't know if you were one of the elders who said I was partly to blame for the severe abuse I went through. I don't know if you were that elder who said if I had lived in a different time period I would have been stoned to death due to committing fornication. I don't know if you were the elder who did much worse things then what I just mentioned. Honestly, ive never gotten an apology and the closest thing I've gotten to it is you apologizing. I've held a heavy weight in my heart towards elders. Do I forgive you? No. That's my honest answer. My grudge is so deep and it was the one promise I made to myself when I was 12 years old. Not to forgive because once you forgive you open your heart to once again go through such massive pain that you can't bare to be within your own skin. Thank you for opening the door to the start of the process of forgiveness. Nobody has ever apologized so it never occurred to me to try. Thank you.

• parakeet
    parakeet

You would find more peace by taking yknot's advice to look up people you know you injured and make a personal apology to them.

It's a lot harder than writing a generic I'm-sorry-guys post to people who probably would have no idea who you are even if you told us your name.

But if you're sincere about having hurt people as a dub, find those you hurt and make amends.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I strongly but respectfully disagree with guys and pals who are insisisting that TastingFreedom personally appologizes directly to those whom he emotionally injured before as a result of his participation in the WTS-inspired persecution during those infamous Judicial Committee Meetings. I do not think he has to do that. Its not required. I do not also believe he has to disclose his name to one of us here. He deserves his own privacy. We should be thankful that he has come forward here on JWN as part of his emotional and spiritual healing process. I thank everyone that have extended a welcoming message. Though some of us were not personally injured or never been subjected to the horrible and terrifying experience of Judicial Commitees, it in noway minimizes our own humiliations in one way or another we experienced in the hands of Congregation Elders. TastingFreedom as an Ex-Elder, is apologizing to all of us because we lived as 'brothers and sisters' in the warped mind control of the Watchtower. Attacking one of us, means attacking the rest of us as a spiritual family. Iam sorry if Iam sounding harsh but I welcome any constructive criticism as an expression of freedom of speech on this JWN. Thank you all.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit