Memorial Leaflet.

by iknowall558 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

I have drafted this up and hope to distribute it to the local JWs before the Memorial. All comments welcome for improvement or change....although I am hoping to keep it short.

THE MEMORIAL...AN INVITATION TO REJECT JESUS!

JOHN 6:53,54 "....Most truly I say to you. UNLESS you eat the flesh of the sone of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life and I shall resurrect him at the last day."

WILL YOU IGNORE THIS COMMAND?

The message is clear! Partaking of the emblems of Christ's body and blood is for ALL who would be resurrected and have everlasting life. (John 6:48-58). The Watchtower teaches that only 144,000 will go to heaven and that only these ones should partake of the bread and wine. For years they have taught that 1935 was the closing date for the 'calling' of Chiristians with the 'heavenly hope'. With this teaching, it was fully expected, with the passing of time, that the number of these 'annointed' partakers would decrease. (WT Jan 15, 2000 pg 30) (WT Aug 15, 1996, pg 31) (WT Feb 15, 1982, pg 30).

However, the facts show that this hasn't been the case. Instead of DECREASING, the number of partakers has been INCREASING.

This was one of the Watchtower explanations for the increase in partakers. (WT Aug 15, 1996, pg31)

2005 - 8,524 partakers

2006 - 8,758 partakers

2007 - 9,105 partakers

2008 - 9,986 partakers

2009 - 10,857 partakers

2010 - ?

In 2007 however, the Watchtower changed its mind on the teaching, that the 'heavenly calling' for annointed Christians ceased in 1935. NOW THE DOOR TO HEAVEN IS OPEN AGAIN! Is this due to the constant yearly increase in partakers at the Memorial?

"We cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends" (WT May 1, 2007, pg 31).

The Watchtower DID set a specific date (1935), and decided that after that date, no-one could legitimately claim to be of the annointed class, and therefore could not partake of the emblems. BUT NOW, according to their recent changes, the door to heaven is open again!

The Watchtower also teaches that that Jesus is the mediator FOR ONLY those of the 144,000. (WT Aug 15, 1989, pg 30,31) (WT Apr 1, 1979 pg 31) (Insight Vol 2. pg 362..."Blessings to Mankind in General")

In spite of what the Watchtower teaches, the BIBLE states that Jesus is YOUR MEDIATOR. (1Tim 2:5) Who will you listen to? Will you reject Jesus on Memorial night? Will you stand and OBSERVE only? Please consider the seriousness of DENYING Jesus. (Matt 10:33) (Heb 10:29) (Heb 6:6)

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Very good!

Typo after John 6: scripture at the beginning - should say Most truly I say ... (not a biggie)

With reference to the swinging shut of the proverbial door to heaven in 1935 and then its opening up again in 200(9?) I think the following scripture is quite apropos:

You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven so people cannot go in. You yourselves do not go in, and you stop those who were going in. (Matt. 23:13)

You've done a great job!

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

How about we all drink the Kool-Aid and get that ass to heaven quick!

• besty
    besty

is there a place to include the idea that the change in 1935 teaching is due to the clock running out on their other post-1995 teaching that decreasing numbers of 'genuine anointed' was a sign of Armageddon getting ever closer?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I put this together: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yh9n6u

Feel free to use it of you can.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Thanks Mickey. Paul, do you have any references to hand...........Im sure I could fit it in. Thanks.

Junkie....forgot to include the Matt scripture. Too many bits of paper lying about. Untidy desk. Thanks for reminding me.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Nice, but another typo.. it's "anointed" with one 'n' after the 'a', not 'annointed'.

You did the same thing I do with the word amount. I always feel I should have another 'm' in there, like ammount.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Gub.... I typed everything so fast.... thanks for pointing it out though. The print out will hopefully be free of mistakes.

• poppers
    poppers

Another typo: UNLESS you eat the flesh of the sone of man

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

LOl...poppers. Am I useless or what. Have got it all sorted on paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit