When religion dies....will it just roll over belly up?

by cameo-d 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

or will they go down with one last big fight?

or will they reinvent themselves and return in disguise as part of the NWO?

What do you see as the future when religions reach the tipping point of empty pews and no more $$$?

Will that ever happen? Will religions attempt strong measures to silence us? How?

Will religions just dovetail into interfaith corporations with "green" ideals to now save the world?

• tec
    tec

I don't see religious organizations dying unless governments outlaw them in the future, for some external reason... perhaps starting with violent extremists and eventually working toward the rest. But I don't see faith ever dying, because I believe spirituality is an essential need; else why would we ever have sought answers from a creator to begin with? If religious organizations were gone, I believe the faithful would still congregate together. Perhaps just in smaller, more humble places.

Just my two cents.

Tammy

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's not gonna die. Too many people like it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Organized superstition is here to stay. It is a part of the human pysche. There are cults that come and go and I hear that atheism is on the rise. JW's currently have a throbbing boner on because of all the high profile earthquakes in the news plus the Iran/Israel nuclear weapon problem. etc etc.

Roll over belly up? Not a chance.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

When you see videos like the one posted recently about religions die on the internet because people come together and scrutinize many of the inconsistencies, myths, and twisted lies promoted by corporate religions, it's obvious that many people are becoming more educated and reasoning. I suppose we are still a minority and many people still have different thoughts on the subject. It's not like we have any solidarity. The point is....we are asking lots of questions and coming up with many more alternatives and answers than what we were "allowed" in the past.

Do you forsee that more and more people will become scrutinizing as per the hundredth monkey syndrome?

Do you forsee those who hang on to corporate religion becoming more adamant in their stance or even more extreme in their laws and judgements of others?

Do you see the ignorance of the adherents and the greed of corporate religion surviving forever?

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Religion seems to be like a virus. Just when it looks like it's dying off, a new, more virulent strain appears!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

In answer to the thread title - No!

When religion dies it will float off to an invisible realm where it will continue to thrive among invisible beings.

Those in charge will; make vast sums of invisible money. But as everything is invisible, and spirits don't eat drink, marry or have homes and cars, there will be nothing to spend it on.

Those in this blissful state will not be able to say to non believers,'I told you so,' because the unbelievers will be far away burning in invisible flames in an invisible hell.

Of course those of us on planet earth will know nothing of all this nor will we be contacted or kept informed by these unreachably high spirits.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So long as mental illness exists, religion and "prophets" will exist.

The strength of religion is inversely proportional to education of the measured population. The more the population is educated, the weaker religion is. I doubt we will ever get to a true "zero" value for religion.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I see religion diminishing, as it already is, and becoming more and more marginalized, but I don't see it "gone" any time soon. We still have a flat earth society for crying out loud.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Just like McDonald's, billions and billions served.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit