Did you feel lonely after being disfellowshipped?

by paul from cleveland 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Great ?

I wondered too if a person felt terrible. I know towards the end, I felt terrible about d'fing people.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I was more than lonely. At 16, and trying to make my way back for my parent's sake, not mine! I stayed in my room. Literally. rarely left it and didn't eat much. I wasn't sure I could sit at the family dinner table, and made a plate after everyone ate. Made sure I was sitting in the last row of the KH,.... in last first out, for months. My height is 5 foot 8. I weighed in at under 115 pounds at the time.

I left high school. I graduated that summer because I had more than enough credits to graduate at the time. I didn't go to the graduation, just picked up the paper work in the sleeve. No applause, no congrats.

So I spent almost 4 months alone, mainly reading and watching the series Roots.....boy did I relate to that.

I have to admit, my mother, a long time JW, fought for me like a tiger. My dad gave up. He was working 60 hours a week plus duties of an elder.

In the end, I felt like the worst piece of scum on the face of this earth. It has taken years upon years to let it go, and still sometimes, those feelings rush back in, even after receiving counseling, and I still have to fight the mental programing at the age of 50.

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was lonely as a JW. The worst lonliness I experienced as a JW was during conventions as I stood among a crowd of thousands and still couldn't find someone willing to speak more than 2 sentences to me.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit