What Makes You Happy???

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Today it makes me happy to finally see the buds peeping out from last years growth! Spring has really arrived even if the fiddleheads are not out yet, some plants have said enough of winter and are making an attempt at another year just like we do. The cardinals, squirrels, chicadees and others have begun their spring shenanigans, mating songs and general 'ain't it good to be alive' spring songs.

Nevermind that it is Tues (meeting night), nevermind any crap going on at home or elsewhere, today I choose to be happy (even if kills me! haha, just kidding). On a serious note, sometimes 'acting as if' can change your whole perspective. Like those experiments where they make people smile even when they don't feel like it, eventually they feel happy from the simple act of smiling (you will have to look for yourself about the physiological reasons, dopamine,etc... reasons)

• dandingus
    dandingus

Things that make me happy:

Being accepted for who I am, not who others would have me be

The intimacy of a friend who knows you better than you know yourself

Second chances

Music

Sunshine on my face

Knowing that someone loves me

Great counterpoint to our previous topic.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

What MAKES me happy OR what WOULD make me happy?

• awildflower
    awildflower

Purps that's hilarious!

• donny
    donny

Being out of the JW's!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

It finally stopped raining. The sun is out. It's in the 50's. Tomorrow, it'll hit over 60~~~~YAY!!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Purplessofa, how about borrowing a female goat and luring him back with the prospect of goat-love?

• minimus
    minimus

Dandi, you're ok!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Cuddling with my children in bed on a Saturday morning.

Connecting with the authentic personality of my J-dub relatives and having a laugh until you cry moment.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Tanqueray and tonic.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit