Disfellowshipped People Are A Bad Lot

by garyneal 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Heaven,

Ed didn't have a brain tumor. It was a rumor that was started to explain as to why he could leave the WT, because nothing else made any sense.

Thanks, dissed. I apologize if my response made it sound as though Ed actually had a brain tumour.

But if he had, um, why would he be kicked out? Why wouldn't they feel pity for him and help him? Their rationalization does not support their stance of brotherly love any more than their disfellowshipping him. If I were a JW, I'd be real scared for any sort of physical ailment that would make it a valid reason for them to want to unload me .

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Nathan Knorr had the brain tumor...and started bumping into things. It was at that point that the power of the presidency was shared among the GB.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    The only reason they watch their conduct is because they don't want to roast in hell, be destroyed at armageddon, or whatever.

Yeah, there's that too. Even in the secular world there's the threat of doing things wrong, getting caught, and paying the consequences such as jail time, death penalty, etc..

I recall my wife teaching our daughter why it is wrong to steal.

"If you steal something, you can go to jail and you don't want to end up there do you? Jail is a bad place."

Finally, I had to step in and offer this bit:

"Do you like your baby doll?" Uh huh. "Well, if someone took it away from you, how would you feel? Would it make you feel sad?" Yes. "So if you take something from someone else, that can make them feel sad too. That's why we don't steal because we don't want to make someone else feel sad."

• nugget
    nugget

Some Df'd people are bad people, when someone has abused someone else then there is no doubt they got there just desserts. But Df'd people can also be desperate people struggling with deep seated issues and problems in their lives who were unfortunate that their father wasn't the CBOE.

Some are people with honest doubts who desperately want to believe that they haven't invested their lives in a lie but can't be convinced. In most cases DFing is a blunt tool used to keep people in line.

Also you don't need to be Df'd to be a bad person, there are people sitting in kingdom halls hiding secret sins and horrible crimes, using the system to protect themselves from the consequences of their actions. There are spiteful petty people who abuse power and make people's lives a misery. In the scheme of things religon attracts all sorts. I'd just like to say that some of the Da'd, DF'd and faders on this board have been some of the nicest people I have ever met.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

She says that people are disfellowshipped because they simply want to live their lives

the way they want to and no longer submit to God's will. In other words,

they want to do something that is immoral and goes against Bible principles.

That is the Stock answer provided by the WBT$..

Jehovah`s Witness`s refuse to think for themselves..Many are proud of it..

I`ve heard JW`s say.."Why should I think for myself when the WBT$ does it for me?.."

Crazy 1

• ziddina
    ziddina

"So I guess all you disfellowshipped people are just a bad lot who only want to do whatever immoral thing you want to do or think ahead of the faithful and discreet slave...."

Yup, that's me!

I wanted to do things like: choose for myself which movies/TV shows/plays I watched, what kinds of clothes I wore, which hobbies I'd take up [BellyDancing!!!], where I'd go for vacation - and what I'd do while on vacation, how much money I'd earn, what magazines I'd read [Life, National Geographic, Scientific American, Sky and Telescope, Smithsonian], what books I'd read [books on geology, paleontology, vulcanism, religion - like "Armageddon Around the Corner" by William H. Whalen, "People of the Lie" - don't remember the author's name - "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz], whether I would participate in the REAL world as a full citizen, whether I'd develop my OWN sense of what was 'right' and 'wrong'...

Yup... I just wanted to run "ahead of the faithful and discreet slave"... Rather like engaging in a race with a snail...

Zid

• pirata
    pirata

people are disfellowshipped because they simply want to live their lives the way they want to and no longer submit to God's WTS' will.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

I was approached last Friday by a gentlemen who runs a non-profit organization to help drop-outs get back into school. He runs an after school Athletics program, and needs someone who can organize a basketball program on Saturdays and Wednesdays.

I am a teacher, and work mostly with the lower SES children at our school, I am a basketball coach, a soccer coach, a volleyabll coach, so of course this is right up my alley. I really feel this is an oppurtunity put before me by some higher power.

Anyway, the whole point,( just in case you were thinking "how narsasistic is this guy?) is that if I were still attending JW meetings, still keeping up with the drum beat that is JW lifestyle, I would never be able to pursue something that I feel is much more important than passing out magazines every Saturday.

JW limit preaching to door to door pursuits. Of course there is nothing wrong with that, as I would have never read the Bible without them doing that, and it does take a lot of courage to put yourself out there like that. (hint: best way to stop a conversation is to ask "have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior? Use it when needed, for the most part it works immediatly)

But...

It limits you to one pursuit. I was always decent door to door, but I feel like I am much better suited to helping low income students out in some way.

JW lifestyle is just so boxed in and xenophobic.

So while DFing may hurt, many times it is a way to start over, re-consider your path, and decide if you really are using the talents Jehovah GOD gave you.

Might I also add that, for the most part, people who are DFED are not DFED out of the blue. There is a series of choices that leads up to it. Not saying those choices are wrong all the time, but hey, if you cant accept the consequence of certain actions, then dont pursue those actions. How many people are actually blindsided by a DFing?

Be honest......

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sorry if it has taken me days to finally respond but I wanted to thank everyone for their responses.

sd-7:

I wanted to respond to your post in particular since it seems like you are rejecting the WT teachings as truth for many of the same reasons I am.

Show me the evidence, show me the proof that the teachings of 1914 and the blood issues are indeed true and I would've been getting baptized along with my wife. I guess it is so sad that my wife gives up her freedom to do some of the things she enjoys all for the promises of everlasting life and acceptance amongst her religious peers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit