Disfellowshipped People Are A Bad Lot

by garyneal 28 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

A week prior to my wife being baptized she and I discussed the reasons why people are disfellowshipped. She says that people are disfellowshipped because they simply want to live their lives the way they want to and no longer submit to God's will. In other words, they want to do something that is immoral and goes against Bible principles. Then I asked her to explain people who look into things like the 607 B.C.E. chronology and decide that their conscious cannot allow them to continue to be a part of an organization that they believe is not being truthful concerning the facts. I don't recall exactly what she said but I do recall asking her to read the introduction section of Carl Olof Johnson's book, "The Gentile Times Reconsidered." Perhaps she can see something in his words that I missed. Perhaps she can see where Carl was just simply trying to live his life like he pleased. Perhaps he just simply wanted to think his own way concerning this chronology and not submit to the faithful and discreet slave (whoever they are). These were the theories submitted by my wife tonight when I asked her is she would just read the intro section. So I guess all you disfellowshipped people are just a bad lot who only want to do whatever immoral thing you want to do or think ahead of the faithful and discreet slave. I mean, there is no possible way you could ever think to leave because of something they did.

You guys just want to be immoral, lean on your own understanding, and not trust Jehovah. What a bad lot.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I feel dirty.

• dissed
    dissed

It goes with the territory. The WT has to put the label on anyone who leaves. They can't explain it otherwise.

• dissed
    dissed

Many knew Ed Dunlap and couldn't believe he was DF'd. (Gilead instructor, wrote WT books, a most humble person) So the explaination?

He had a brain tumor that effected his thinking........

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Jesus was disfellowshipped.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This is an automated response that allows them to dismiss what the person wants to say without listening to, or reading, another word.

It is constantly programmed into them at meetings and arsemblies.

This is why you can't 'tell' them anything or show them anything and have to resort to asking for help, without setting off their Apostate alarms, to get them to consider anything.

Cheers

Chris

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Jesus was disfellowshipped.

Then He must bad. I mean all that teaching concerning unconditional love.

He had a brain tumor that effected his thinking........

Tsk tsk, those brain tumors can make us see strange things. Like maybe it gives us the ability to see through the BS.

I feel dirty.

Do you need to return to God's 'clean organization?'

• garyneal
    garyneal

Thanks Chris, I guess I burned that bridge with my wife but I may be able to get her to warm up to doing her own research.

I must admit, she even acknowledged to the elder that she was unable to find anything outside of WT publications that support 607 BCE. This was before she got baptized and yet she took the plunge anyway.

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

LOL @ "Jesus was disfellowshipped" - I AM SO GOING TO USE THAT (and you're not getting any credit)

• dinah
    dinah

I prefer being df'd. I can actually CHOOSE to do the right thing, just because it's the right thing.

Jesus was disfellowshipped. That made me laugh. But it's so true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit