Signing Publisher Record Cards

by IMHO 16 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

So would someone 'serving' Elder, MS or Pioneer be removed or not allowed to serve if they refuse to sign?

• inbetween
    inbetween

good question IMHO,

I think, they cannot trouble a piblisher much, but if there is any privilege it might be taken away, because of not "humbly submitting to theocratic order" or something like that.

• wobble
    wobble

It was interesting to glance through the Act ,via the link our dear Blondie provided, and see that at any time, we in the U.K can instruct them not to process any info they hold. ( see Section 2 the part numbered 10)

I know that if you are still in you ain't a gonna wanna do this, but for long time faders it could be a way of ensuring a kind of closure without DA etc.

The problem is I suppose, that A**hole Elders could choose to interpret even that action as DAing.

Love

Wobble

• blondie
  • teel
    teel
    I know that if you are still in you ain't a gonna wanna do this, but for long time faders it could be a way of ensuring a kind of closure without DA etc.
    The problem is I suppose, that A**hole Elders could choose to interpret even that action as DAing.

I was contemplating the same action in my thread started here, and quickly came to the same conclusion as you did: if you ask them to delete your records, they can interpret that as you're asking them not to be part of the organization, therefore it's DA.

Also, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't necessarily comply with the request (you know, their compliance to state laws is only relative). If they would actually delete the records, you could come back several years later, and they would have nothing to prove you were a JW once.

• IMHO
    IMHO

Under the Data Protection Act you can ask to see any information written about you.

But they have that covered too as any 'letter of introduction' is read then destroyed so they can honestly say they have no stored information on you. Whereas the dirt is stored in their heads and can easily be made worse by bad memories, interpretations and personal oponions.

The Act should make them liable to tell you anything they know about you. Impossible to enforce though unless you catch them out passing info on.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Has anyone here discovered any violations of the DPA? I am interested in knowing if a simple notice of "no conesent" to sharing or holding information is enough for the BOE and the Society to not forward information and or discuss information.

Have they violated the sending of information to non EU countries and has anyone positively sued them for the violation?

PS New Here this is great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit