Watchtower blaspheming the holy spirit

by sacolton 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

I agree that this topic or thread isn't about the trinity. Good post!

Krettnawe if you want to make a new topic or thread about the trinity I would be delighted to post on it.

• dinah
    dinah

Sacolton, I never thought of it that way, but great point!

I can remember talks about churches that "get the spirit" and they said FROM THE PLATFORM it was demons causing hysteria.

The Witnesses are very careful to keep all emotions (except fear) from their meetings.

Love is an emotion, and it's sorely lacking within the religion.

For the *ahem* preacher we have in our midst.........no one here forces any beliefs on anyone else.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Guys this thread is an exercise in irony and a very veiled insistence that one beleive in one interpretation over another.

The original poster starts off with the terms Spawn of Satan and Apostate and then makes the jump to blaspheming against the Holy Spirit...

What did Jesus say is the only unforgivable sin? What is the end for all those who do this?

So, what prompts the poster to sit himself in the judgement seat of Jesus and announce this upon all JW's?

A difference in interpretation over what the Holy Spirit is.

How is that any different than what the JW's do?

If I dont believe the HOLY Spirit is a person, but rather a force, does that mean I am destined to commit the unforgivable sin?

If, I commit that unforgivable sin, what does that mean for my salvation?

So, the gigantic piece of irony many of you are missing is the fact that the original poster starts off railing against the JW's for announcing his spiritual demise based on him no longer accepting thier interpretations, and then goes on to announce thier spiritual demise for them not agreeing with his new interpretation.

Am I really the only one that sees that?

BTW, no thanks on the Trinity debate, been through plenty of them, and have no desire to argue over things that I dont consider an ingredient for salvation.

I dont beleive in the Trinity, but attend a Trinitarian Church, and have no problem with people beleiving in whatever interpretation they want to beleive in.

I do have a problem with people talking about straws while totally missing the rafter.

"

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Is beleif in the TRINITY something that is needed for salvation?

No, but here's what is required to believe in for salvation.

John 8:24 Jesus said, "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

What is Jesus claiming to be?

Yiz

• sacolton
    sacolton

Krett, what exactly do you disagree with in my post? If the Holy Spirit calls someone out of the Watchtower organization to become a follower of Jesus Christ (and give Him worship) - why do Jehovah's Witnesses say they have become followers of Satan or that they have abandoned God? Do you not agree that this grieves the Holy Spirit? I'm not judging anyone.

• designs
    designs

Did I just hear the opening chords to Dueling Banjos.............

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Krettnawe, we likely won't agree on alot of issues...but welcome nnetheless. Would you like to give a bit of intro and background?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What they do that is totally unforgivable is they prey on people thinking they can live forever. They give them bad information about how they can do that, and it amounts to controling the flock instead of leading them to paradise. Then they coerce people into staying in, forcing them against their better judgment to continue going door to door teaching bad doctrines. In fact, once they start telling people that, even if they can prove (mathematically, in the real world, or out of the Bible) that the doctrines are wrong, they have to continue abiding by and teaching the bad doctrines until the religion's leaders themselves fix them, I would say they have come to the point of the Unforgivable Sin.

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Sacolton, I understand what you are saying but like Krett I kind of don't agree with the WAY you are saying it. Krett is right about The logic doesn't really work in practice because in pointing out them blaspheming the holy spirit you yourself could be doing the very same thing, so to argue it is futile...that is IF you believe in the holy spirit. I think it might have worked better being setup as a hypothetical.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Greetings sacolton,

I re-read what you and kret said. To qualify what I am about to say: I am a born again believer, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, who is utterly convinced that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one God comprised of three persons (which is why God told the Jews to say "the Lord is one" instead of "we have one Lord").

However, kret makes a very good point. If, as your post seems to say, any JW who claims that born again persons are demon possessed is himself blaspheming the Holy Spirit, it implies he has committed the unforgivable sin and thus cannot be saved. Since many JWs have been saved, it follows that they have not committed the unforgivable sin. Therefore, merely accusing born again Christians of being demon possessed must not be the unforgivable sin.

Having said that, what the scribes and Pharisees did when they accused Jesus of being controlled by Satan is to deny that He was the Messiah, God come to earth, attributing to Satan all that the Holy Spirit was doing. I suspect that the unforgivable sin is to never repent of accusing the Messiah of being filled with Satan instead of being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit