Germany's delegate to Eurovision Song Contest

by GermanXJW 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Hi all,

We in Germany have now identified our candidate for the Eurovision Song Contest in May 2010 in Osloand I must say: she is quite a character.

Her name is Lena Meyer-Landrut and she will perform the song "Satellite".

She is young and cute, but during the process she performed some songs in her very own way:

I like it. Take a look and enjoy at: http://www.unser-star-fuer-oslo.de/kandidaten/

(Songs start after some intro. You have to pick a song. It is only the lady on the top. the rest are the runner-ups.)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Doesn't matter how good she is the result will be governed by political voting - Germany will get 10 points from Austria as always.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Sorry, but usually we do not get any points from Austria at all.

Which is politics again.

I do not thing that she is winnig the whole thing but she can be a very good delegate for Germany.

She was totally unknown before and won the big competition and now there is a big hype here in Germany. And she really has this special something in singing her songs. I am not sure if this can be perceived outside Germany. Maybe you tell me

My favorite is "Mr Curiosity", starts at 3:01min after the intro ns the video.

• cantleave
    cantleave

She is good! Pete Waterman is writing and producing the UK entry and I think there is a competition to see who will sing it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I like her version of The Lovecats.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

She's so gorgeous.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I like her version of The Lovecats.

I just saw it. Not so good in my opinion. Satellite was a lot better.

Are there any songs where she sings in her native language?

She's a cutie.

BTS

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

No, currently there are only English songs. For a German, she has a rather British accent.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Welcome to Oslo, Great to have some ESC fans among us...

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I vote for Meri

Die stimmgewaltige Meri aus Bayern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit