JW christmas is just round the corner... ugh!

by MisfitMeL 22 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    They dont make it seem special: they don't take the day off, they don't give presents, they don't send cards, they don't have parties of celebration (potlucks are out - I went to one after a memorial when I was a child) ...some special day of celebration.

That's a good point Mrs Jones, I hadn't thought of that. You'd think that as it's the most important day of the year, more effort would be made to celebrate the event.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They dont make it seem special: they don't take the day off

I used to take the day off...used to use a float day for it...then one day a JW woman in my congo asked why I did that and said I treated it like a "worldly" holiday and made a big fuss about it in the congregation even though I would spent the morning out in service...there's no winning with them.

They put the "Z" in crazy and the "K" in wacko...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Mrs Jones asked: When is the Memorial? I haven't been invited.

I haven't been invited either. Not that I would break my 12-year non-attendance streak. But I decided to look at the 'official' Watchtower website. Surely they would post this most important date on their website.

Well, I didn't spend much time there but it sure in not prominently displayed for all to see.

There is an article about the ransom posted, but, even within the article, there is no mention of the date.

In the area of their beliefs, there are 4 articles linked. One is about taking aspirin daily and the other is about Nambia (I think).

Funny little religion. Clearly focusing on the little things and completely missing the major aspects.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit