Mother's Day

by cry 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cry
    cry

So tomorrow is 'Mothering Sunday'. This is the first one I will have 'celebrated' in over 30 years. My youngest took me out for a meal today - it was lovely, just to be 'normal' and so warming to see my son feeling that it was OK to recognise his Mum. I also sent my mum a Mother's day Card - the first one since I got married to a JW at 18 years old. Although not a believer for some time, I was respectful of my husband's beliefs and didn't celebrate ANYTHING! I am sure my mum must think that I was controlled for all those years, it was not the case. I was just trying to not rock the boat (and please everyone). Personally, I think it is wonderful to acknowledge Mothers and all that they do. One day out of 365 surely is not too much to ask? But, of course, the Borg would think otherwise. So to all you mothers out there...................we salute you!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Good for you!

Coming from a family of JWs, I never acknowledged Mother's Day until the last few years of my mother's life when I thought, 'Damn it, I'll use this time to show some appreciation for her, and anyone who says different can get lost.' Glad I did it while I could. It made her happy.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I tried with mine but got rebuffed and told not to do it, again. JW's don't recognize anyone for anything at all. What a flat way to live (referencing Outlaw's nail in a tire effect of a world with religion).

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

To my loving mother that shuns me for no other reason than I disagree with the beliefs and teachings of her GOD (the governing body) : Go take a flying leap!

To the rest of the REAL mothers out there, please enjoy your day of recognition, you deserve that and so much more.

• alanv
    alanv

I and my family will be going out tonight for a mothers day meal. My JW son is coming but he doesn't know that it is a mothers day celebration. hehe

• Heaven
    Heaven

I did not know that Mother's Day was celebrated in the UK in a different month than in North America. We celebrate it in May (this year, Sun May 9).

When my Mom was alive, I would always call her on Mother's Day. I just wouldn't say to her "Happy Mother's Day". She was always happy I called. And I am very glad that I did.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I had a lovely day with my daughter Borghater I had her to myself for the whole day she bought me lovely fresh flowers and a beautiful card [thank you darling] and we just did what I wanted for the whole day.

RosePetal

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Hello Mumsie, i was just going to post on here about our lovely day together but you beat me to it xxx

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

p.s your monster avatar looks like he has got a willy on the top of his head teehee

• cantleave
    cantleave

Its a unicorn - silly!!!

Borghater you have an email.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit