Has Your Growth As A Person Been Stunted Because Of Being A Witness?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dandingus
    dandingus

Min, I am.

LOL

• minimus
    minimus

I see that there are positives with my JW upbringing. I am very comfortable with the public and I'm an excellent seller in my profession.

• chigaimasmaro
    chigaimasmaro
    Dandingus - I know for a fact that being raised a Witness stunted my social growth.
    Dandingus - Balsam, fortunately for me I was always a curious person who wanted to know everything so mentally I'm actually ahead in many ways. It's the emotional component that in my case was affected.

This is what happened in my situation as well, the social and emotional growth were effected quite a bit. I noticed I missed out on a lot of transitional phases in my growth that other people experienced. Most of which has to do with things being decided for me and from my perspective, when you are a witness, you dont deal with emotions, you just go by the rule book, which unfortunately isnt the bible. Through grade, middle and high school, i noticed that the other kids seem to "change" or go through the normal stages of puberty, I wasn't able to enjoy that, because at a very young age, I not only had to act like an adult because of the witness rules, but also i had to grow up fast because of the situation that festered inside my house because of the witness rules (topic for another thread).

Its someting my counselor and I have talked about a great deal. But I'd have to definitely say it stunted my growth as a person.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt. In every major way my parents choice to raise me a Witness affected me in school and in my marriage the list is long and hurtful.

• wobble
    wobble

I cannot allow myself to be bitter about the lost opportunities, about the way I suppressed my natural personality, and perhaps more importantly, my natural abilities, I cannot be bitter about what might have been.

I am sixty years old, so I must keep positive.

I am also a realist, and I know my life could have been so very very different, not just in the past, but in the future too.

I cannot now contribute what I had the potential to do within Society, I can but do my best where I find myself now.

The Watchtower/ Jehovah's Witnesses Cult is an evil ,nasty little sore on the buttock of humanity, and the sooner its demise comes the better.

So many lives WASTED !

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit