I don't miss the Jehovah club

by Gopher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I certainly don't miss those witlesses. Field circus, boasting sessions, worrying about the holidays, having extra rules, and so on--I can live without them. Plus, they are getting worse during the past few years--the boasting sessions are more monotonous than they were when I was in. The fun seems to have disappeared totally somewhere in the mid 1990s, too.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Watchtower leadership tightened the screws and created a more insular "us against the world" mood that seeped down through all layers of people in the organization.

It is unfortunate that paranoia, fear, and anger were the motivating factors of the leadership of the WTS. They let the wrong ideals guide them. My family has suffered greatly because of this. My parents started withdrawing from their children and grand-children, accusing us of being 'bad'. It created rifts in the family that have never healed. There has been permanent damage. And the legacy is that once our Father is gone, there will be no JWs in our immediate family, nor in the families of their grandchildren.

Is this truly what the WTS wanted to accomplish?

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

If it was a club I would have joined it on my own accord and left when I felt like it. My parents didn't see the need to give me that option.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Gopher. So true. Sylvia

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

When you leave the club and live a happy, fullfilling life...it baffles the daylights out of them. But then they reconcile it with the thought they will live in paradise and you won't. Whatever

Out of the dub club and living in the now.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Brocephus. My parents forced me into the "club" too. I never really felt like I fit in, but does anybody (except those running the show)?

Shopaholic - Yes they cannot figure out that anyone who leaves the club might be really happy. But they like the imaginary rewards offered by the club, so they hang around waiting for the new system. Yes millions now living will never live.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Joeleejr44,

While I appreciate that you bumped my post back towards the front, you violated posting guidline #6 about advertising on this site.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Gopher, excellent points! One other thing flashes thru my mind, however, when I see/hear about a JW on-line - basically the same thought I have when I meet a 2nd or 3rd generation Witness with a college degree...

"Why are you doing this [getting a college education, going online and 'associating with worldly people' or worse yet, "APOSTATES"!! (gasp!!)] when the Watchtower Society either clearly states it's wrong, or [my personal favorite...!] "IMPLIES" that it's wrong... [Like they "implied" that Armageddon was going to come in 1975...]

Let me state that a bit more clearly. Since the WTBTS is AGAINST people being on-line, especially in 'chat' rooms and boards, then WHATTHEHECK are they doing here?? I suspect that some of their snappishness comes from [guilty consciences...] knowing that they are deliberately going against "Jehovah's" organization, plus determination to keep on doing it, anyway...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit