Dramatic posters on the board...

by tresdecu 31 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

It cracks me up when I read a really dramatic "GOOD BYE TO JWN" or "IM OUTTA HERE" threads only to see them posting a few days later. What is the point? If you want to stop posting for a while, then stop posting........and then if you want to start again, go for it.

Are you just trying to get attention?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Different strokes for different folks, tresdecu. Some people are more prone to openly and strongly voice their frustration, especially if they think the reason is justified. After the heat of the moment has passed and they are no longer angry or upset, just welcome them back.

Some people clam up and just walk away for awhile at the height of the "argument". Others scream and slam the door, cursing on the way out. They'll be back though...usually.

• superpunk
    superpunk

I'm not sure if you've heard or not....but the internet is serious business.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Are you just trying to get attention?

Pretty much, yes. If they were truly sincere about leaving they would simply stop posting and not look back. The point of starting a thread on the matter is to garner sympathy and feel wanted by others. They want others to talk them out of leaving.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Pretty much, yes. If they were truly sincere about leaving they would simply stop posting and not look back. The point of starting a thread on the matter is to garner sympathy and feel wanted by others. They want others to talk them out of leaving.

Sums it up pretty nicely - for the posters wanting sympathy. I thought moderator Scully made a good point about not deleting someone just because they ask for it in these circumstances, because they usually end up wanting back in. I agree - let them get it back together and rejoin.

However, agressive people deliberately trying to insult everyone and pick fights - well...really there seems to be no place for that.

Just my opinion,

James

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Everytime I see you post I imagine hearing it in Al Swearengen's voice with a few F-bombs and references to sex thrown in.

• Terry
    Terry

There was a Persian Rug business in Culver City (close to MGM studios) that had been "going out of business" for three years!

Somebody complained and the authorities contacted the owner. He was warned.

Next day a new sign went up in place of the old one:

GOING OUT for BUSINESS!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I've been guilty of this myself. And it's true--probably it is for attention. Maybe I wasn't held enough as a child. But I figure, if somebody looking for a bit of comfort in a tough time, why not help 'em out? If they're repeatedly doing it, well, that's just illogical. If you're really leaving, you'll just leave. Very true.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

thanks for the thoughts on this. Normally I wouldn't even post about this, but I had read a post from someone who had just days earlier made a dramatic exit, and here he was..... I just thought it was kind of funny.

I realize this religion has us all worked up to some degree. :-) No ill will towards anyone, just a funny observation.

SD-7: I read all your recent posts! Good luck to you in your future now that you are officially out!

take care

TD

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Guilty..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit