"When armageddon happens, I want to be able to SEE the people dying"

by jambon1 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

What helped me come to terms with the threat of Armageddon was If their concept of God is correct . That he is going to destroy billions of people because they never read a f...ing Watchtower then I don't want to know him. I would rather be bird food than accept such a God and mix with heartless Cretans that rejoice over such a prospect

• torn in two son
    torn in two son

Armageddon is a touchy subject in the JW circle. Not quite, the actual happening of Armageddon, but the massive degree of people who will die then. At least, who should die then, according to the JW's. The idea that everyone WILL die at Armageddon (except JW's) makes most JDubs quiver a bit. They like justifying it saying that whoever finds the truth will be saved, but really, that just means they're hopping on the wagon with the JDubs straight into the face of the end of the world. Unfortunately, while the idea of all that death is sickening to most of us (apparently that elder is anxious for it to happen), JW's have the one line that can get them out of discussing it any further. It will always be better than any rebuttle.

"Well, ultimately, the choice is Jehovah's."

"Everyone's gonna die except JDubs." "Well in the end, it's Jehovah's choice." "But he only likes Jehovah's Witnesses?" "Well, if people are getting the truth, they should be saved." "Getting the truth, studying, to be a Jehovah's Witness?" "Yes." "So they will survive?" "Yes." "So what you're saying is only JW's and their affiliates will be saved?" "Well, ultimately, the choice is Jehovah's." Repeat.

Armageddon, no matter how tender it may be, JDubs have that cushy buffer to make it sound nicer. There really is no winning with them.

Torn

• designs
    designs

We were taught to be 'hidden' from the terrible Armageddon, sort of like the Ark or being inside a home on Passover. What a mind game that all was. But its nothing in comparison to the mindgame of the Trinitarians who believe in a literal Hell, can you imagine having that little gem rolling around in your subconscious.

People do, go figure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit