More than 50 Jehovah’s Witnesses arrested in Russia for taking part in a public protest

by behemot 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the jws in this the usa blend in with the mainstream and are insignificant.maybe the wts is wanting to start armageddon.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

even though i now reject their doctrine-i support their right to practice their religion.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The Russian constitution does not allow one religious group to claim superiority over any other group. With the Watchtower's literature claims of being God's exclusive channel of communication and being the only true religion the publications violate Russian law. Hence the literature is viewed as "extremist" as the Witnesses have been banned.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I was interested in the point about resisting compulsory military service - it said "Russia's constitution provides for alternative service".

I thought that the witnesses in the USA could now take a CO position (if we still had a draft) according to the WT?

How would that be different in Russia?

I was also amazed at the blatantly political nature of the tract they put out on the subject (given that witnesses take pride in being non-political).

• undercover
    undercover
    I was also amazed at the blatantly political nature of the tract they put out on the subject (given that witnesses take pride in being non-political).

After reading this quote, I went to the JW site and found it. While the WTS has always worked to present itself as just a harmless religion that always gets persecuted, some of the material in the tract isn't going to endear the government to ther plight.

Did the WTS not learn anything from the Nazi debacle?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Did the WTS not learn anything from the Nazi debacle?

Or Malawi?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I do not support a person's right to practice any religion.

Too much pain and suffering has been caused over the centuries in the name of some religions.

I observe the potential for much future pain and suffering to be caused as a result of people exercising their right to practice their religion.

Which religions may be practiced then?

Ah, that is the question. And how is this decision enforced?

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit