Is religion a form of abuse? Does superstition imprison the mind and keep us from living a rich, fulfilling life?

by whereami 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Yizuman, Do you watch Caprica?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We pick and choose what we want to believe. And there will be consequences for our decisions.

Each person has to work out their own salvation, make their own way thru this life.

I think the bible has a lot of metaphors, and figurative language. A lot of times the

bible is not straight forward. Its a spiritual book and you have to discern it with spiritual eyes.

Personally, I cant buy macro evolution. So the metaphors and figurative language in the bible about

original sin tells me there is something deeper going on.

I see evidence that we are designed and evidence that our planet earth is precisely placed where it

is to support the life that is here.

I also see evidence that we cant get off or away from this planet and we cant contact or be

contacted by anyone else.

Religion can be a form of abuse we saw it with the JW's and it robbed many of us from living rich

fullfiling lifes. But I knew many witnesses in the 60's and 70's who lived rich fulfilling lives

and I know many Christians today who live rich fulfilling lives.

And the atheist that I know personally are the most miserable people I know.

I wouldnt want to buy anything they were selling.

I cut them down off the ceiling and sit with them in the hospital if they survive.

And listen to their atheistic thought processes.

If atheism works for you power to you.

It doesnt work for me. When I have Jesus and the bible, I can get through what life has

to throw at me. Jesus and the bible is a thought process to get through things.

and to keep your spirits up. Its a suicide prevention program.

If your an atheist you better have a good job, lots of money and lots of booze and drugs.

Because this life is all there is. And youll need the above mentioned to cope and deal with it.

I know everybody is different, I've been mad at god many times about many things usually

all originating with the Kingdumb hall and Jehovahs witnesses.

I've examined atheism, I have read and Dawkins and I have read Darwin.

It doesnt float my boat or work for me.

I do know there at least 2 sides to any issue and sometimes the issue is like a prism and

has 6 sides. And I'm not on the atheist side.

I see design and intelligence.

What little I know about Christianity, I have to agree with Yizuman.

Jesus came to make us free.

We were all damaged at the kingdom hall.

The hell I hear about is spending eternity seperated from God.

Maybe the atheist just keep coming back to earth here telling everyone who

will listen there is no God.

I'm not motivated by hell, and I doubt few ex JW's are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit