Hotel Caifornia, Stairway to Heaven, Saturday Night Fever

by Butyoucanneverleave 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    Does anyone remember those 2 songs and that movie specifically being mentioned in the watchtower? They were"bad" and should be avoided. It had to be in the late 70's or early80's.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Hotel California, was that in reference to Beth Sarim in San Diego.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Yep back in the day they would name specific songs and movies to avoid
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Welcome to the Hotel California such a lovely place. So I called up the

captain "please bring me my wine". Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink

champagne on ice.

That's it ! mirrors on the ceiling. The booze is ok but mirrors on the ceiling,

you know how the GB feel about those things.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    The then DO had a short portion of Stairway to Heaven played in reverse to show everyone it contained the phrase "Decide to smoke marijuana" backward masked on the tune. He played it three times. I never heard it. It was not there. But I saw heads bobbing up and down all around me in agreement that the phrase was there. It was insanity.
  • Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    We did live through some insanity! Years later when I was old enough I watched SNF. I wondered what all the commotion was about. Why it was so bad. Hotel California is still one of my favorite songs. As you can guess by my username.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I do recall leafing through old magazines and Saturday Night Fever was name-dropped. Of course ET was mentioned too. I actually know some witnesses who won't watch it. If I recall I think even Pac-man is mentioned as being a 'bad video game.'
  • Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    I knew of an older anointed couple who went to go see ET. A bunch of witnesses went together to go see it. The women got up and left the movie declaring loudly that ET was a demon. Apparently anything and everything that is out of the ordinary is a demon.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I think the Awake pointed out the (admittedly correct) parallels to Jesus in the movie. They also commented on its use of cursing and Halloween lol
  • a watcher
    a watcher

However, the RNWT uses the word 'stairway' instead of 'ladder' in Genesis 28:12.

A stairway to heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit