Response to the Argument that Jehovah's Witnesses are not Cult Members

by bluecanary 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

It says there are three comments on this Ezine article. How do you see them? When I click it, I just get shown a place to add a comment.

Bluecanary... I'm glad you responded. A lot of people don't take the time to review the sources where the information in an article came from. They just believe it because someone said it, and it's infuriating when you know that something being said is so blatantly false.

T

• rocketman
    rocketman

Excellent analysis, bluecanary.

• shamus100
    shamus100

At best they are considered a high-control group. You could debate the term cult all your life if required, but they definetly fit high-control.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks, bluecanary, I just added a comment there also. People must be informed of the facts in the media every chance we can get.

• Mary
    Mary

tec asked: It says there are three comments on this Ezine article. How do you see them?

I think those 'comments' are the ones that I had originally put a couple of months ago, and which the author of that bullshit article deleted. I'm not sure why it's still coming up there that there are 'comments' though. Maybe a glitch?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I had her read the whole chapter of Romans:11, and she finaly admitted that the Jews are still the chosen people of God.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nasti, would you care to introduce youself to the board on your own thread? It will help to get to know you and where you're coming from.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Snowbird, what are you doing?

• Mary
    Mary

Here's another article on that board we should all make a comment on:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Dont-Accept-Blood-Transfusions&id=3468758

• sd-7
    sd-7

As far as the marriage issue goes, I think this particular rebuttal doesn't give the full story about JWs.

JWs are encouraged to remain married to their non-Witness spouses, with the hope that they can win them over "without a word" through their fine conduct. Marrying someone who is not a JW, as was said, is expressly forbidden, but if you're already married to one, you have to stay.

Separation is allowed under 3 circumstances: (1) Extreme physical abuse (which is a dubious scenario that can be up to the whims of your local elders), (2) Spiritual danger--the spouse tries to prevent you from attending meetings, field service, etc. (3) Willfully not providing for the needs of the household (assuming the non-JW spouse is male and the JW is female).

Divorce is allowed only if adultery occurs. Any other divorce is unscriptural and can lead to judicial action/expulsion.

Ironically, if a legally (but unscripturally) divorced couple has sex after said legal (but not scriptural) divorce, they are considered as committing fornication and subject to expulsion. Yet, scripturally, they're still married. How is that possible? Well, because the most important thing to the congregation is APPEARANCES. It doesn't look good because the couple isn't married in the eyes of human law. In this case, the JWs defer to man's law over God's and judge based on that.

While I intended to point out an inadequate discussion of that issue, I suddenly realized just how deeply flawed the beliefs are anyway. Go figure.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit